In an O2 fill desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd rent a 5x5 or 4x8 or similarly closet sized storage unit, preferably one of the indoor heated space ones. Put your dive junk in there on a modular 5 high shelf then include a folding table with a CCR sized booster.
Do you have electrical outlets in your unit? Mine does not.

Would the bathtub be slightly better? Easier to wash the dust away. And exhaust fan in bathroom. I know outside is preferable but if the weather is crappy, I may have no choice.
Yeah you don't want a loose fleck of sorb on your kitchen floor, add a drop of water or humidity and its like pH14+ rotting out your floor or burning holes in your slippers
I was assuming electric because that's what I'm used to.
There's only one electric booster in common use, the masterline which is vastly overkill to fill a couple of CCR bottles a month. CCR sized boosters are all gas driven. Haskel Mini Sport Booster

Having enough drive gas on hand can be an issue as the supply pressure drops and the drive gas requirements per fill start to rise fast.

There's only one electric booster in common use, the masterline which is vastly overkill to fill a couple of CCR bottles a month. CCR sized boosters are all gas driven. Haskel Mini Sport Booster

Having enough drive gas on hand can be an issue as the supply pressure drops and the drive gas requirements per fill start to rise fast.

Drive gas…. Best to use a cheap garage compressor? Will they work OK?

Decanting whip 500 euro, analyser 300 euro gas 70 euro problem solved.

Attachments

• DC62F58D-384D-47B6-B196-5666949DBAFA.jpeg
    DC62F58D-384D-47B6-B196-5666949DBAFA.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 78
Decanting whip 500 euro, analyser 300 euro gas 70 euro problem solved.
Alas, as ever, 100%'s off the menu unless the source cylinder's full or you've a $$$ booster

Drive gas…. Best to use a cheap garage compressor? Will they work OK?
Cheap garage compressor does have issues. You need volume and pressure. That takes a bigger compressor. Another is dealing with moisture in the drive gas. For that you need the drive gas to cool off in a compressed state. A small compressor and storage tank won't do that and you will be blowing hot air through the booster. As the hot air expands inside the booster, it cools and drops the moisture. Really need an inline dryer. A lot of the moisture can be controlled with a large storage tank that allows the air to cool (large tank, lots of surface area for cooling), drain the condensate there. Another factor is oil blow by. A cheap compressor tends to blow some lube oil into the air. For air tools this is fine. Boosters don't like it. Run a compressor hard, they blow more oil. Some will claim you need an oil-less compressor, but if you get a quality air compressor that will work as well. So for a good results you need more than "a cheap garage compressor". But a good garage compressor is still less expensive than a dive compressor, both purchase and maintain.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom