improving go pro images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erm.....yeah.........me either...........(ant looks around awkwardly)
LOL!
well according to the link below it doesn't matter too much. only thing i would say is that from looking at my own regs last night i need an alan key and a spanner to connect them to the first stage so if you do take your own make sure you or the place you rent them from has the tools to set it up. its not difficult but if you don't have the alan key you can't open the port and if you don't have the spanner (i have had to order one) you can't tighten it to the first stage

Ok to Mix brands of Octopus and First Stage?
Thanks for this. I'll look into it a bit more but it may be 1 new dive gear purchase bomb too many for the Mrs! :rolleyes: Maybe for the next trip...or maybe this one :eyebrow:

well you say you can't dive together anymore as one of you has to look after the kids so buy it as a present for her and use it when she is babysitting

It's a good plan but she'd see straight though it, as she did when I got her an Ipad for her birthday a couple of year ago! She's not really fussed about owning her own gear and is quite happy to rent everything, including mask which I find a bit strange. I did buy her a mask a while back but she didn't get on with it on the first couple of dives so it now just serves as a back up or snorkel mask if needed.

Unfortunately having a baby we have to take loads of stuff with us at the mo, like nappies, bottles etc etc. + all the gifts (biscuits, chocolate etc) we take for family. The agreement we came to about getting a BCD is that I'd have to sacrifice some clothes (not that I take much anyway), so that's fine, I'll just take my swim shorts & rash vest :thumb:

Last edited:
but she'd see straight though it, as she did when I got her an Ipad for her birthday

haha busted!

and is quite happy to rent everything, including mask which I find a bit strange

only reason started getting my own kit was because i had 1 rental mask strap break, luckily before the dive and they had a spare. and another place gave you different rental stuff each day rather than the same so had a great mask the first day and on the second day i had one that leaked no matter how much i tightened it and eventually i had to take it off and loosen it cause id done it too tight. so there i am in a narrow ish cave with boats going overhead doing tours, loads of jellyfish about and with no mask on trying to loosen it. after that i decided to buy my own mask and then went on from there

Unfortunately having a baby we have to take loads of stuff with us at the mo, like nappies, bottles etc etc. + all the gifts (biscuits, chocolate etc) we take for family. The agreement we came to about getting a BCD is that I'd have to sacrifice some clothes (not that I take much anyway), so that's fine, I'll just take my swim shorts & rash vest

i can imagine you have to pack a lot for a baby or kids in general. on the plus side you don't need that many clothes, i usually get by with a few pairs of shorts and a couple of t shirts. just wash and rotate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom