improving go pro images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friggin hell, wetsuit in UK winter, semi-dry or not! :eek: what a nutter!!
i just don't think he understands. he bought it cause it was cheaper and has been gloating about how great it is and how i should get one instead of "being stupid and buying an expensive drysuit like a mug"

its bad of me but i can't wait to see him freeze to death lol he gets cold when we are in 22 degree water in the canaries, the UK will see him turn smurf blue :poke:

Last edited:
:thumb: I'll be interested to see how you get on! Keep me posted.

so i went to Ocean view yesterday, the guy there was really helpful and i have hired the pool for and hour on the 7th May so i can test out a back plate and wing. will let you know how i get on with it

so i went to Ocean view yesterday, the guy there was really helpful and i have hired the pool for and hour on the 7th May so i can test out a back plate and wing. will let you know how i get on with it
Cool, yeah let me know. As a matter of interest, how much do they charge for pool use for non-members? or are you a member?
Getting back to your original post, have you come to any conclusions on light / filters etc for your GoPro?

Cool, yeah let me know. As a matter of interest, how much do they charge for pool use for non-members? or are you a member?
Getting back to your original post, have you come to any conclusions on light / filters etc for your GoPro?

£30 for an hour (i am not a member) but that is for the pool not per person so for instance if someone else came too it would be £15 each. i think they said up to 8 people so the more people the cheaper it is but the pool isn't very big, id say 4 people max to be able to maneuver comfortably. oh and its £10 on top for equipment hire and tanks etc. if you are a member its cheaper pool hire and i believe free equipment/air

as for my camera predicament i ordered a tray for the go pro alongside an xbox game on amazon, and after reading that thread you sent me (cheers for that) about the evolva DO2 lights i am going to get 2 of those as people on that thread who bought them said they were great for that price and one bloke said it had similar or better light output than his more expensive torch. also going to get the backscatter filter and macro lens that @Murky Waters suggested as they have good write ups and the fact you can flip the macro lens on or off with ease seems a better option than the screw in ones. which underwater could be a nightmare.

however the torches and lenses/filter will have to wait till my next payday as i just spent £340 on a new regulator set

4th element had the aqualung core supreme pack (1st stage, primary and spare regs + SPG and all the leads and a bag) i was looking at but also had a free dive computer which according to google has good reviews from users. the price was £380 down from £560 plus they had 10% discount code so i got another £38 off.

Aqualung Core Package
https://4thelement-online.co.uk/pro...=31772924675&gclid=CPHH0-mKiNMCFZIW0wodpVQLbQ
and it now says sold out so i may have been lucky and got the last one. but yeah for £40 less than the one i was looking at on Amazon i got exactly the same for £40 less and free postage (amazon was £8) and a free dive computer.........but now i can't afford camera stuff :facepalm:but i don't dive properly till September so i have time to save up for those. regulators are the expensive bit out of the way

£30 for an hour (i am not a member) but that is for the pool not per person so for instance if someone else came too it would be £15 each. i think they said up to 8 people so the more people the cheaper it is but the pool isn't very big, id say 4 people max to be able to maneuver comfortably. oh and its £10 on top for equipment hire and tanks etc. if you are a member its cheaper pool hire and i believe free equipment/air
I would've joined you but will be in Thailand by then :D will have to sort something before then to try my new BC out. Oyster diving only does a monthly pool session during the spring/summer and I cant make the next one this Sat. Newhaven Diving Centre charge £30 with tanks etc and use a pool in Brighton (Roedean) on Thurs nights so will probably pop along soon. I've also contacted Sussex Diving club (BSAC) as they use a pool near me (Surrenden pool) but I haven't heard back yet.

4th element had the aqualung core supreme pack (1st stage, primary and spare regs + SPG and all the leads and a bag) i was looking at but also had a free dive computer which according to google has good reviews from users. the price was £380 down from £560 plus they had 10% discount code so i got another £38 off.
Nice one! yeah that AL DC is supposed to be pretty good, cant go wrong as its basically free!! :thumb: Sounds like you got an absolute bargain! I'm jealous, I'd like my own regs too but definitely wouldn't want to be towing them around the world when we have all the kids stuff to take too.
It's my eldest sons 4th birthday on Thursday and we've got him a mask & snorkel. He'll be over the moon. He's been pretending he's diving in the bath with his swimming goggles, looking at toy fish and stuff :)

as for my camera predicament i ordered a tray for the go pro alongside an xbox game on amazon
Haha, as you do! :) I haven't played my PS3 games for ages now, since our 2nd was born. Haven't finished Far Cry 4 yet...

Last edited:
I would've joined you but will be in Thailand by then :D

yeah alright, rub it in why don't you haha

will have to sort something before then to try my new BC out. Oyster diving only does a monthly pool session during the spring/summer and I cant make the next one this Sat. Newhaven Diving Centre charge £30 with tanks etc and use a pool in Brighton (Roedean) on Thurs nights so will probably pop along soon. I've also contacted Sussex Diving club (BSAC) as they use a pool near me (Surrenden pool) but I haven't heard back yet.

hopefully you get something sorted soon and the new BC performs. i am looking forward to testing out my new regs next month in the pool

Nice one! yeah that AL DC is supposed to be pretty good, cant go wrong as its basically free!! :thumb: Sounds like you got an absolute bargain! I'm jealous, I'd like my own regs too but definitely wouldn't want to be towing them around the world when we have all the kids stuff to take too.
It's my eldest sons 4th birthday on Thursday and we've got him a mask & snorkel. He'll be over the moon. He's been pretending he's diving in the bath with his swimming goggles, looking at toy fish and stuff :)

yeah i was really pleased with that. had it in my amazon basket for the last 3 weeks and decided to do one last check around to see if i could get it cheaper and that deal popped up. question is do i sell the computer or keep hold of it and use it.
hope he has a good birthday. haha bless him, if he is that excited practicing in a bath imagine how happy he will be in Thailand surrounded by real fish and his new snorkel gear

Haha, as you do! :) I haven't played my PS3 games for ages now, since our 2nd was born. Haven't finished Far Cry 4 yet...

joys of being a batchelor, i get to play whenever i want. i just have to remember sometimes that the blurry thing on the edge of my screen is called real life and to visit it occasionally. in truth i haven't played it much lately but one of my mates has been bugging me to get overwatch so i caved in and got it today.
i quite enjoyed Far cry 4. Far cry primal was a bit tedious though

hope he has a good birthday. haha bless him, if he is that excited practicing in a bath imagine how happy he will be in Thailand surrounded by real fish and his new snorkel gear
Cheers. Looks like the brainwashing's working :) he also loves looking at our fish id slates and marine life books, and he's already pretty good at naming different species too. I'm really looking forward to diving with him, hopefully he doesn't lose interest by then (I won't let him!).

imagine how happy he will be in Thailand surrounded by real fish and his new snorkel gear
...actually we're just going to Thailand to see family & friends this time, we're then heading to Lombok and Bali for the fun stuff :bounce:

joys of being a batchelor, i get to play whenever i want. i just have to remember sometimes that the blurry thing on the edge of my screen is called real life and to visit it occasionally
Haha, yes I remember that ...happy days.
I still occasionally get flashbacks of some the CoD multiplayer maps, seriously. It's weird, could be just working or watching tv or something then suddenly I'll get a detailed image pop up in my minds eye o_O and I haven't played multiplayer for at least 5 or 6 years!!

question is do i sell the computer or keep hold of it and use it.
Do you already have one? If not I'd probably keep hold of it, unless you have another one you particularly wanted. Aqualung DCs are made by the same company that makes Oceanic comps I believe.

Last edited:
Cheers. Looks like the brainwashing's working :) he also loves looking at our fish id slates and marine life books, and he's already pretty good at naming different species too. I'm really looking forward to diving with him, hopefully he doesn't lose interest by then (I won't let him!).

good stuff! teaching him all he needs to be a great diver one day, keeping him interested should be easy, once he does his first dive he will be hooked

Haha, yes I remember that ...happy days.
I still occasionally get flashbacks of some the CoD multiplayer maps, seriously. It's weird, could be just working or watching tv or something then suddenly I'll get a detailed image pop up in my minds eye o_O and I haven't played multiplayer for at least 5 or 6 years!!

uh oh the old flashbacks problem, i get them too but as long as you don't yell "rolling thunder" and jump into cover every time you see an aeroplane i think you are ok

Do you already have one? If not I'd probably keep hold of it, unless you have another one you particularly wanted. Aqualung DCs are made by the same company that makes Oceanic comps I believe.

currently have suunto zoop which i love but does it hurt to have 2 dcs? i am just a hoarder lol

on another note my regs turned up today (apparently i got free next day delivery in my bargain too) i think i am in love they looks so nice!:heart: but now i don't want to use them haha its like when you get new shoes and they look pristine so you don't want to wear them and scuff them

uh oh the old flashbacks problem, i get them too but as long as you don't yell "rolling thunder" and jump into cover every time you see an aeroplane i think you are ok
Haha, that hasn't happened yet!

currently have suunto zoop which i love but does it hurt to have 2 dcs? i am just a hoarder lol
I've been reading you're other thread on this. You've certainly generated some discussion! :) FWIW, I'd probably try the SP, then sell the one you like least and put the money towards something else (eg, trip to Thailand/SE Asia :wink:). But equally I can also see the value of keeping one as a spare, to learn about different algorithms and to lend to buddies on trips.

on another note my regs turned up today (apparently i got free next day delivery in my bargain too) i think i am in love they looks so nice!:heart: but now i don't want to use them haha its like when you get new shoes and they look pristine so you don't want to wear them and scuff them
Haha, I know what you mean. I bet you cant wait to try them out though! Let me know how you get on with them. I was thinking I could get a 2nd stage reg and rent the rest, but (without having researched) I'm guessing you should use a 2nd stage that's properly matched with the 1st stage!?

Haha, that hasn't happened yet!

erm.....yeah.........me either...........(ant looks around awkwardly)

I've been reading you're other thread on this. You've certainly generated some discussion!

seems to be a theme on here, i come for advice but leave no wiser than i was before and i have generally caused an argument among the other divers lol. surprised i haven't been banned for breaching the peace haha

Haha, I know what you mean. I bet you cant wait to try them out though! Let me know how you get on with them. I was thinking I could get a 2nd stage reg and rent the rest, but (without having researched) I'm guessing you should use a 2nd stage that's properly matched with the 1st stage!?

i am very excited!!

well according to the link below it doesn't matter too much. only thing i would say is that from looking at my own regs last night i need an alan key and a spanner to connect them to the first stage so if you do take your own make sure you or the place you rent them from has the tools to set it up. its not difficult but if you don't have the alan key you can't open the port and if you don't have the spanner (i have had to order one) you can't tighten it to the first stage

Ok to Mix brands of Octopus and First Stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom