Important: Functionality temporarily reduced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
In order to determine the cause of several recent errors we have temporarily disabled several addon systems that serve as plugins to the ScubaBord forum. For the next 24-48 hours Journals, Trader Ratings, Optout Forums and a few other minor features will be unavailable. During this time we ask your patience as we work to insure there are no issues with the board.

Should anyone encounter an error from the database or regarding a file named datastore.php please reply to this thread or send a PM to me with the time the error occurred and exactly what it stated. This will help us in resolving this issue and speed up enabling these features immediately. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi TechAdmin,

This happened before you posted this thread, but I thought it may help you. I could not log onto SB last night (10PM South African ST). The attached message was displayed.

This happened with my bookmark to UserCP as well as some direct thread links. No access at all.

By the way, the Technical Staff mailto: link on the error page does not work.

Sorry if this is redundant info.

Cheers,

Andrew

TechAdmin,

Had same problem as shoaldiver at around midnight gmt last night. Couldn't access site at all, from my direct link to subscriptions or the homepage. Hope this helps.

If you do a "View Source" on the error message, there's extra informaton in there.

Terry

Tech Admin:
In order to determine the cause of several recent errors we have temporarily disabled several addon systems that serve as plugins to the ScubaBord forum. For the next 24-48 hours Journals, Trader Ratings, Optout Forums and a few other minor features will be unavailable. During this time we ask your patience as we work to insure there are no issues with the board.

Should anyone encounter an error from the database or regarding a file named datastore.php please reply to this thread or send a PM to me with the time the error occurred and exactly what it stated. This will help us in resolving this issue and speed up enabling these features immediately. Thank you for your understanding.

Web Monkey:
If you do a "View Source" on the error message, there's extra informaton in there.

Terry
I have a hunch that he already knew that. You know, if one expert really wanted to help another - and not post for show - I'd think a PM would be more appropriate...??

BTW, when I got the error message yesterday afternoon, I called NetDoc and left a Voice Mail. I then tried the link to send an email, but the link produced a blank email, no address. I do not know how extensive this mistake might be? I wonder if others who have other problems logging on might be unable to email...?

DandyDon:
BTW, when I got the error message yesterday afternoon, I called NetDoc and left a Voice Mail. I then tried the link to send an email, but the link produced a blank email, no address.

That's what I was referring to here:

ShoalDiverSA:
By the way, the Technical Staff mailto: link on the error page does not work.

But I'm wondering if Tech Admin really wants to get thousands of emails in a few minutes from some cold turkey SB addicts! :wink: Not that I am one yet - approximately 1879 posts to go.

Cheers,

Andrew

DandyDon:
I have a hunch that he already knew that. You know, if one expert really wanted to help another - and not post for show - I'd think a PM would be more appropriate...??...

By the way, I interpreted Terry's tip as aimed at the SB users, not Tech Admin. I will certainly View Source the next time I get an error to see if there is more info on the error in the HTML. Every little bit helps, I suppose.

Cheers,

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
That's what I was referring to here:
Ooops - I went back and say that you said that: "By the way, the Technical Staff mailto: link on the error page does not work." I really shouldn't do this before the second liter of coffee.

ShoalDiverSA:
By the way, I interpreted Terry's tip as aimed at the SB users, not Tech Admin. I will certainly View Source the next time I get an error to see if there is more info on the error in the HTML. Every little bit helps, I suppose.

Cheers,

Andrew
Ooops, again. My apologies Terry. :blush:

DandyDon:
You know, if one expert really wanted to help another - and not post for show - I'd think a PM would be more appropriate...??

woudln't this type of comment best be made by PM and not on the open forum?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom