I'm so bad...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I'm so bad... :05: I cancelled my hair appoinment because it would have prevented be from partaking in water activities this weekend :devil_3: I wonder if lady divers have an unusual level of bad hair days due to such behavior? :wink:

Pull it back with a scrunchy and you're done. My wife does that and it even works for going out to dinner after diving. But... I'm a guy. What the heck would I know!

wetrat

I remember when I was a girl, my mother went to the beauty shop once a week to get her hair done in one of those elaborate roller sets, and then wouldn't swim, or have the car windows open, or do anything fun that might mess up her hair until the day before her next appointment. I always swore I would never have a hairstyle that kept me from doing things-- and I kept that vow!
I wear it long but natural, and can fix almost any bad hair day with a wide toothed comb and an elastic or a pair of hair sticks (or, in a pinch, a pencil). If you don't fight your hair's nature too much there are fewer bad hair days.
Anyway, diving doesn't give you bad hair--they actually sell, for serious money, products that make your hair look like you've been swimming in salt water at the beach! Dive hair is in style! (hair that smells like lake, not so much...)

Deborah

Heather, this is not bad. This just means all is right and good with your values. Find a dive buddy (preferably a man :wink:), and have them use their EMT shears on your surface interval.

I haven't cut my hair in over a year. It takes far to much of my time to stop in a walk-in salon and have someone trim off a few inches straight across the bottom. I mean, REALLY, that's time that I could be prepping dive gear, reviewing my logs or cyberdiving on SB. :D

I say let it grow!!! Mine's hittin' my heiny now!!! :dance:

Well it's colored so I'll just have to have roots. I'm not supposed to wash it for two days when I get it touched so I decided to put it off. :D

I stopped coloring and perming my hair a few years ago. Too much time away from the fun stuff. Now I go in every 3-4 months or longer for a quick trim.
I will pull it up in a pony tail after a dive.
If the guys don't like it tough. I am not going to sit on the sidelines and watch life go by just so my hair looks nice or my makeup doesn't get smudged..

pennypue:
Heather, this is not bad. This just means all is right and good with your values. Find a dive buddy (preferably a man :wink:), and have them use their EMT shears on your surface interval.

It's true! Well maybe not quite that drastic, but I havent paid to have my hair cut in 2 years. Just ask my husband/dive buddy to cut it every now & then to keep the ends blunt and do the color myself!

I used to wear it in a buzz cut but I think I'm too old to do that now (refer to my webpage for pics if you don't beleive me) :wink:

I agree with the above posted. Life is too short to be pre-occupied with "the look".
I'm into having fun outdoors in general and if someone doesn't like the way I look it is their problem, not mine (wish there was an ugly smiley face to post next to this).

scubaren:
I agree with the above posted. Life is too short to be pre-occupied with "the look".
I'm into having fun outdoors in general and if someone doesn't like the way I look it is their problem, not mine (wish there was an ugly smiley face to post next to this).
:D
BUTT of course!!! :icon10: :fro: :007: :e18: :blink: :errrr: :yuck: :shiner: :scared: :klclown: :eye-popin :368:

But then we all know that ScubaGirlz look like this: :gorgeous: :gr1:

Back
Top Bottom