I'm in Ft Myers and ready to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namtlar

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I said I'd post a note when I got here. Actually, I've been here since Saturday, but I'm off/on the internet.

I've read a few of the posts, and it looks like the diving in the local area here is a little shakey at best. I'm also game for the Keys. Never been, but would love to make the trip.

I'm going to be running around today looking at houses, but will check the board again tonight.

If anyone is interested in diving, please let me know. Since I'm here on a semi-holiday, I'm available just about anytime short of Christmas Day, and will be leaving for cold NC on the 3rd.

Rob

hasn't given us too much opportunities for recreational diving. This is the time of year many head for the springs where weather is not as much of a factor.

Let me know when ya come back this way and we'll try then.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas.

Hey.

Aquadog is right about being at the mercy of the weather right now. I'm from Punta Gorda, and dive Venice quite often. If you're interested in hooking up some time, just post. There's a lot of active local divers in the area (and a dive club up your way, too), and you can probably find someone just about any time. CBulla has some time off coming up soon...

CBulla:
I'm off from today through the first weekend in January. I am thinking other coast for diving unless we have a few more days like today.

Where specifically were you looking and when? Anytime after Christmas is open for me, (possibly this weekend?)

If I don't run into anyone going to the Keys, I'll head down there with my gear and see what trouble I can find. Any suggestions on a good first dive there?

Thanks,
Rob

ReefGuy:
Hey.

Aquadog is right about being at the mercy of the weather right now. I'm from Punta Gorda, and dive Venice quite often. If you're interested in hooking up some time, just post. There's a lot of active local divers in the area (and a dive club up your way, too), and you can probably find someone just about any time. CBulla has some time off coming up soon...

You diving Venice this coming week? Is it one of the shore dives, or a boat? I've heard the water is pretty murky right now.

Rob

AquaDog:
hasn't given us too much opportunities for recreational diving. This is the time of year many head for the springs where weather is not as much of a factor.

Let me know when ya come back this way and we'll try then.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas.

Hopefully, I'll be back down this way permanently the middle of next year. Looking forward to a lot more diving then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom