I'm having trouble deploying DSMB...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What prowess? It is the truth, size isn't an issue here. It is what you are doing with the "tool" that matters first. Not being able to erect the DSMB because it is too big for you or for the purpose, is an issue that can have serious issues on the safety of the diver. The insistence of the OP on this inappropriate size just because he wants a bigger DSMB than anyone else's is just unreasonable and potentially dangerous.

The reason you can't inflate your monster is because of mathematic reality. I trust this is clear to you by now. But this has been an amusing thread to read. If you really want a ridiculously oversized sausage for the lols and want to deploy it from depth, perhaps you might look into the possibility of having a self-contained pressure inflation system added to it like some European SMB makers provide.

Good luck filling up your sausage; hopefully you can find a device to end your problems with limpness when you need it to get hard. Or just go back to a normal sized smb.

Since this is the technical diving section: the best result would probably be achieved by using trimix for the SMB.

Trimix? I don't think he needs any more lift from this thing than he already have.
But pure helium might be more appropriate. Doesn't have to be UHP, though

Trimix? I don't think he needs any more lift from this thing than he already have.
You won’t be laughing anymore when the 3m DSMB will stand proud … above the boat

I wasn't talking about that trimix....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom