I'm being referred to a different SDI training facility.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you haven't already paid the new instructor, maybe someone on ScubaBoard could recommend a competent instructor in your area. Unfortunately, I can't.
I haven't contacted yet, however, I plan to reach out to National Aquatic Services, Syracuse NY. I had a bad fall from a metal stairway that led up to a silo type water holding tank. Any way because of the injury I choose my former dive organization. Now that I need a place to train, I'll inquire if there has been any renovations regarding contained water sources for training purposes.

Your thread heading said you were referred to another shop, but you don't explain it.

Reading through all your threads, I am perplexed as to why you are not certified already. I have worked for two shops, and in well over 95% of cases, students complete the pool sessions in one weekend and then do their OW dives soon after that, either on a vacation to a tropical locale or in a local lake. In the far fewer than 5% of the cases where that does not happen, either the student needs another pool session or two or the student decides they are not good candidates for scuba and then quits. I have never heard of a student going on and on and on with the classes and getting no closer to completing the certification while buying different sets of gear continually.

Could you answer the following questions to help clarify what is going on?
  1. Did the shop tell you that things aren't working out with your instruction and suggest you try a different shop?
  2. How many pool sessions have you had?
  3. What is happening in those pool sessions?
    1. What have you successfully learned?
    2. What have you not been able to do after being taught how to do it?
  4. Are other students in those pool sessions with you?

The OP wants an instant fix to an inadequate training problem. Sell off all your unnecessary expensive dive gear others told you to buy and go to an all inclusive dive resort for onsite training for a week. Be sure to find a resort that has No wifi so you won’t be influenced by all the bad advice given here.

No one told me to buy anything, my purchases are my own.
In my own defense, multiple sessions were wasted on replacing previously bought scuba gear that leaked or was too big for me, except for diving boots for dry suit. More than one session was devoted to weight trim and my original instructor had too much on his plate to continue training with me.
Finally when I actually started my skills about 3 weeks ago with further delays due trainer's health I' have yet to complete; underwater communications, reading/understanding computer, understanding computer functions, BCD removal / replace/ surface / depth, hovering, controlled ascents, alternate air use w/buddy, controlled swimming ascent, seated entry, back-roll entry and compass.

The sessions were 2 hours one day week, former instructor had no prior experience as a trainer before me. I started 06/21 so it's been over six months since I began, but there were not training sessions every week.

I haven't contacted yet, however, I plan to reach out to National Aquatic Services, Syracuse NY. I had a bad fall from a metal stairway that led up to a silo type water holding tank. Any way because of the injury I choose my former dive organization. Now that I need a place to train, I'll inquire if there has been any renovations regarding contained water sources for training purposes.

What does this injury have to do with diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom