Ike 125 compared to Inon 240 - split from Ike flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Warren_L:
For me, it was price and the recycle time. As well, the 125s give more full power flashes on a single charge than the 200s do, which is important for dive trips as I can generally get in 2 full dives no problem before needing to recharge.

Any insight on the 125s vs. Inon z240?

Regarding to specs, recycletime for full charge is 1 vs 1.6 seconds, which is both pretty fast compared too many other strobes. And in real life you rarely blast off a full dump, so recycle will be instant with both strobes.

I can use my z240:s for more than 200 flashes without changing NiMh:s - I haven't tried more but it was a day with 4 dives.

Regarding power, I get the 125:s GN to 25 (air/meter) and the 240:s is 24. So that's not a real world difference.
/Correction; the 125s GN is 32 feet UW, which is about 21-22 air/m, so it seem it is actually slightly less powerful. Not a very big difference though./

In favour of the Z240 is that it's a lot smaller and nimbler. For me that was the most important factor as I travel with them. It also has a slightly wider beam angle.

/christian

for a side by side comparison, surf on over to the strobe finder:

http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

choose both strobes from the list and click on the compare selected button found towards the lower section of the web page.

what will appear are specifications provided by the respective (and respectable) manufacturers..................

hth,
b

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom