If you had to choose one US dive location..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gulf outside of Ft Meyers
wrecks in the 100 to 140 range
real wrecks that dont have 100 divers on them

I like the keys ,but the gulf is where you see the large jew fish

Bad part 3 hour boat rides :11:

Just my thoughts

Dive Safe

Mark s

Maui, Hawai is still part of the US right???

MikeFerrara:
Florida cave country but I'd have to drive my truck like I usually do in order to get all my tanks there.
Cave Country......a given

AevnsGrandpa:
I am almost up to the needed frequent flyer miles to get a free trip to ANYWHERE in the continental US.

Of course I want to use this ticket to go diving. If you could go to any place in the US (not Hawaii or Alaska), to dive where would you go AND why?

Here’s hopin’ for some good info!

Don't listen to all the warm water weenies.

Try for something REALLY different...

http://www.nautilusexplorer.com/

[Well, you can board it in the US..., but then it takes you to some really wild places...a tiny bit north of the US :) ]

Stuff you won't see most other places.....but you better pack your woolies!

I am a midwest mudhole diver also. Take the oppertunity to dive some relaxing waters. Key Largo is the place!

I second the Hawaii nomination. How often will you have a free opportunity to go to Hawaii anyway?

The diving in Oahu and Maui is great, and I hear Kona the big island is even better.

I dive lush warm water reefs almost every day, but I would try something new if I had a continental US ticket... I would like to dive BC. So I guess I'd fly to Bangor or something and look for a boat.

[edit] Or maybe I would read the rest of the posts and go on the Nautilus Explorer. Nice.

As you in IL I would say it is a toss up between South FL and Catalina Island, CA.

CA has colder water but lots to see on every dive.
FL has a very wide variety of diving available with relatively little travel.

BTW I live in FL and used to live in CA but was born and raised in west central IN. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom