If you could fly to any of these for free....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mexico is cheap
The diving is great
The people and the food are fantastic
and most importantly
Mexico is cheap

We fly to Cancun but stay on Isla Mujeres.
Last trip my hotel bill for 7 days was 320usd
You can eat well at most resturants for around 6 bucks (the tacos de pollo at Bucaneros are great and only 40 pesos)
The diving is more limited than Cozumel (fewer site options) but I think there's more life at Isla.

I would go back to Aruba in a Heartbeat.

I also vote for the Aruba then to Bonaire. There's little puddle jumpers go get over to Bonaire. I've been to Bonaire twice and stayed at the Sanddollar right on Bari reef. Take a long walk off their pier and you're on the reef. Awesome.

Blackwood:
Santiago, Dominican Republic

You mean Santo Domingo right? Santiago is kinda far inland...

Ice9:
You mean Santo Domingo right? Santiago is kinda far inland...

Nope, I mean Santiago. Would definitely have to drive, but also being a rock climber, I wouldn't mind heading over to Pico Duarte.

Sounds like Aruba and Cancun are winning out, though. 300-something for 7 nights of hotel sounds like a bargain!! How expensive is Aruba?

How close are the Cenotes to Cancun?

Aruba first choice.
Cancun second choice.

I hear a bit too much about the unrest in Haiti to want to be on the same island, regardless of the diving.

Been to Aruba. Reefs are good, wrecks are better. Island can't be beat as party islands go.

Cancun - short hop to Coz or Riviera Maya. Not my favorite diving, but good.

Crazy Fingers:
How close are the Cenotes to Cancun?

Cenotes are found through much of the costal areas of the Yucatan, but the ones I know of that are popular for divers are down between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, an hour's drive or so south of Cancun.

I would choose to go on some Northeast, then Great Lakes wreck dives...I will drink orange juice for the tropical effect....

Back
Top Bottom