If you could choose anywhere in the Pacific...where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaTurtle42

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been working, with maybe 15 days off total, for about 6 months straight...so it's time for a little holiday. I can't decide though, way too many choices! Where would you choose in the Pacific (since I'm already on this side of the world) that is relatively easy to travel to and maybe I could even pick up some side work, so no visa would be required? I would even instruct for food/board. Tell me your experiences!

Haven't had much experience (Great Barrier Reef is the only place I've dived away from home todate) - but from what I've been told, I hope to visit Chuuk first, and the Coolage 2nd.

If wrecks are your bag, Chuuk (Truk) can't be beat. If not, PNG is probably the hot spot though I haven't been there.

Hi,

I just got back from a week on the N. Sulawesi, Indonesia Agressor. It was the best for macro. Loved Galapagos for big animal. PNG rates right up there also.
Laine

Five years ago I bought a "circle the Pacific" ticket from an air brokerage for $1,600 and visited places like Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Fiji and Tahiti. It was awesome, although one of my dive buddies says PNG is doubly awesome.

Of the places I've been, PNG would be my first choice. Of the others, Galapagos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom