where would you live if you couldnt dive anywhere else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney, great shore diving, great boat diving. Can dive in the harbour within view of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge and see amazing things like sea horses, anglerfish and more.
Have to agree with this, loved my time in Sydney.
There is a but, it is so expensive to live in Sydney now, and the traffic and parking......
Still some of the best shore diving in Australia, and the deep wrecks off the coast [when I was much younger] are great [experienced divers with the right gear only] dives.

Puerto Rico, Caribbean Islands or Mexico. All the fish are colorful & water is clear - 13 min to beach.

It is tempting to join the SE Florida crowd, but I'll pass. For one reason, as one DM told me, "I'd rather work on weekends cause you can't really go anywhere here on weekends. There are just too many f*king people in Florida!" The other reason is that Florida is so boring flat, the highest elevation being just 345 ft, I know I won't stand it. So it's fun to visit Florida once or twice a year, dive for a week, then get the Hell out of there.

I'll opt for the Big Island of Hawaii.

1st Choice: Beachfront mansion on a golf course in Wailea, MAUI

2nd Choice: Beachfront mansion on Pebble Beach golf course in Carmel, CA

I had a great place North of where I am now, Had a 'itch' and said it was time to move.
Glad I did though, the place is too peopley now, covid was one of the triggers, so many moved North from the Southern states and out of the cities.
If you want warm, cyclone proof, few people, not expensive, basic amenities and good diving all in one place you are dreaming here in Oz.
You may find one with one or two of the above, never all of them.
All the good places are full of people and now, and too expensive here.

Dived yesterday where I once lived and was shocked by the Coral bleaching, so sad, off topic I know, had to throw that in . :sad2:

Edit: My usual typos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom