where would you live if you couldnt dive anywhere else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melbourne, Australia.

Visited there once, regret ever leaving.

Right where I am!
Agree with Marie on this. Great Lakes has the visibility of the oceans, the shallow technical depths of the British Isles, the preservation of the Baltic, and the working class boats of flat bottomed barges and dinghy trampers.

We have our own unique maritime culture here not shared by other countries, regions, or states.

UK. Loads of variety, loads of wrecks at various depths, plenty of boats to dive from and I already live here.

More specifically the west coast of Scotland. Even though I'm currently in the middle of England, probably 70% of my diving is in Scotland. The current plan is to retire there in a few years time.

UK. Loads of variety, loads of wrecks at various depths, plenty of boats to dive from and I already live here.

More specifically the west coast of Scotland. Even though I'm currently in the middle of England, probably 70% of my diving is in Scotland. The current plan is to retire there in a few years time.
And then there's Malin Head -- north west Ireland. Lovely diving!

Most Scottish diving's lovely. Except it's cold. Had a wonderful few days in Kinlochbervie, as far north west as you can go in the UK. Hooning around on a scooter and rebreather through the kelp. What's not to like.

Malin next year hopefully, once I've got MOD2 done.

I've been to Scotland at least once a month in the last year and have 3 more trips booked this year, including Scapa in a few weeks time. Love the place but my fuel bill is nuts!

Malin next year hopefully, once I've got MOD2 done.

I've been to Scotland at least once a month in the last year and have 3 more trips booked this year, including Scapa in a few weeks time. Love the place but my fuel bill is nuts!
Eyemouth? Lots of great diving out of there. They do technical trips too out to the "classics". Very well set up.

Went to Malin this year for the first time which was amazing. Better than Scapa Flow!

I moved here just for that reason, St Croix USVI. Water temp in the winter is 79° F and 85-86 in the summer, reefs & walls. Not many wrecks, but warm water!!! The North shore is 800+ feet deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom