where would you live if you couldnt dive anywhere else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard to beat Florida. South Florida, you have reefs, wrecks, beach diving, boat diving, then go north, fabulous drift diving, farther north, deep wrecks and amazing spear fishing off shore. Central Florida, world class cave diving, all different, shallow and deep, clear and, well, not so clear. Come down the west coast, shallow inshore diving, then middle grounds and more wrecks even deeper. Dont forget Florida Bay.

Florida is a cornucopia of diving.....and you can drink the water. :)

if you had to pick a place to live and couldnt dive anywhere else where would it be? -lets say you can go to within a days drive travel range from where you choose - what are your reasons for choosing

I asked myself that same question about 20 years ago. I figured i could either live somewhere and travel to dive; or live where I dive but may not be able to afford many dive trips (or trips in general)

My answer was SE Florida. Different people may have other answers, it has worked for me.

Right where I am. I walk to my boat most days. I have dive sites within a mile of the marina. I have over 325 days of good weather every year. I have nothing to complain about.

I'll go with Neckar Island, BVI........as long as it comes with full use of the island including all the toys, staff, helicopter, etc....

Due to the group to which this post is made, most definitely Greece. But people like @Wibble and others who know about my shenanigans won't be surprised.

You mean loads of wrecks in warm, clear water. It'll never catch on.
Hopefully stuff like this:

will make the rounds. The Med is unfortunately mostly fished out, but there are interesting historical wrecks that I hope continue to be opened up to diving. I also hope that the laws against artificial reefs are eventually struck down.

I would live where I live now. The pandemic was essentially this question asked for real. I didn’t move because my family and job are sticky. I just learned how to dive with a drysuit. Ask me this question after the kids are done with school and I’m retired, and I’ll probably have a different answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom