If They Deserve It Let It Be Known!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No, this is not a complaint thread, just the opposite. Having worked with the retail public for almost 12 years , I know all too well that people complain more than they praise. The purpose of this thread is to let others know of a shop/ dive operator that deserves a little recognition for helping you out. Feel free to give a little thanks to those whom you feel deserve it.

I'll start.

Discount Divers Supply in Seattle is the place that I consider my local dive shop. I live in central Oregon, 350 miles from there. The shop 30 miles from me has nowhere near the service that John and the rest of the staff at Discount Divers does. I regularly travel to Seattle to watch games. The little extra effort on my part to use them as my local shop is well worth it. Thanks guys!

Later, Hawk.

Wow Hawk,
Nice story. I agree it's worth the travel time for a better shop. I have a shop that is 5 miles away and another that is 20 miles away. But I go to the one that is 60 miles away. Big difference between all three. There are great instuctors at all three, but it's the owners that make the difference, IMHO.
:sunny:

Hey there Hawk, so when are we goin' divin'? I am going to put together a Scubaboard/NDI dive for December. Wanna go? Since you have to travel why don't you throw out some dates when you could join us.

For the LDS comments... there are some that I go out of my way to use too. Not 300+ miles, but I go to the place where I get great service. Everyone has different experiences though and your gem might be just another rock to me.

-kate

Scubakat, I don't know for sure when I will be free, the schedule is pretty tight sometimes. Post the dates and I'll see if I can make it work.

There is another shop in Federal way that I really like too, I just can't remember the name.

Later, Hawk.

Another way that the consumer can let any business know that they have had a very positive experience is to inform the Beter Business Bureau (BBB) that they are a happy customer.

While the BBB does handle coplaints very well, they also love to hear when a consumer is very happy with a business. And the "happy" statistic counts toward the business with as much weight as the detrimental stuff.

Imagine how much more confident you would be in spending your money at "Brand X" dive shop if the BBB was to tell you that while they have no complaints, they do have several positives on file.

Also, if so moved, write a nice letter to the shop owner and let them know how much you appreciated their efforts in making you a happy diver. Not only will this make them feel warm and fuzzy, it might result in a small freebie down the road for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom