Suggestion Idea to limit old threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
GrumpyOldGuy

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really enjoy 90% of SB threads to some extent. However, some threads live well beyond their usefulness and turn nasty as more and more people pile on. I have even be caught up in a few of these myself (shame on me). Would it be a good idea to keep older threads out of the Lastest Thread window and allow nature to take its course and let them die on their own? They don't have to be killed for those that are really interested in them, but they don't have to continually pop to the surface until the particpants are pecked to death either.

By the way... how difficult is it to just ignore a thread when it appears? Just don't click on it. I use the view "New Posts" approach when I log on and there are dozens to hundreds of threads I'm not particularly interested in... but I'm glad I had the option to look over the titles.

By the way... how difficult is it to just ignore a thread when it appears? Just don't click on it. I use the view "New Posts" approach when I log on and there are dozens to hundreds of threads I'm not particularly interested in... but I'm glad I had the option to look over the titles.

...because some people cannot resist the temptation of opening pandora's boxes. even if they know nothing good will ever come out of it! :D

Stuff like MOF, games etc. will always have new posts, they can add a whole page to new posts by themselves. Sure one can ignore them, but having to ignore them over and over again gets real old. When the technology can take care of this, why not? Don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom