i450T review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If a circuit board was replaced, I would be stunned if that was done by the shop rather than sent out. So you probably have already either had major surgery once, or a less than accurate description of what was done.
First, check the firmware version. Should be 1C06, which included unspecified update to power management.
The unit does not power down the display between dives, as it is also a watch. Battery should last 1 year or 300 dive hours. So if you dive enough, less than a year.
Any chance there is an added power draw while in storage? Does it revert to Watch mode, or does it remain in Dive mode, hunting for the transmitter? Do you have the daily alarm set and running including sound, instead of switching it off? Also, if it is cold enough, many computers will register low battery on a dive until they warm up enough.

And if after all of that troubleshooting you still are certain there is an issue, demand they send it in. Aqualung will decide if it is repair or if it is replace, but they will act on it.

Hi @BuckyP5

Yes, your computer is a lemon. It's under warranty, should be repaired or replaced. Check firmware as per @JackD342, but, 2-6 dives per battery is outrageous. You are your own advocate, take control when dealing with your shop

My i450 has the same battery issues. A few dives then dead. Unfortunately I bought it online from a store in Italy because it was $400 cheaper, so I had to return it to Italy for warranty repair. It’s on the way back now. Aqualung replaced all the inner electronics. Hopefully it is fixed for good.

Hi all, I'm a new member on ScubaBoard. So sad that my first post is about battery issues on my i450T. :banghead:

I'd love to get some advice from you all.... I bought my i450T in early April of 2018, so far my level of usage and problems have been:
  1. Two dives in NorCal cold water in early June '18, then battery died. Took it to the shop I bought from and they said they replaced the circuit board for me.
  2. 6 dives in warm water PDC/Cozumel/cenotes in mid July '18, then battery died again. This time the shop said it's perhaps a bad battery, replaced it and gave it back to me.
  3. Just this past Christmas, did two cold water dives in SoCal. It says low battery again. I have yet to contact the shop.
Between these dives the computer is basically just sitting in the box. Based on such low usage, I'm convinced that my i450T definitely has problems and the shop should replace it for me. But last two times I believe the shop didn't contact AquaLung and just performed fixes in the shop. Do you guys think that my i450T is a lemon? And if so should I ask the shop to deal with AquaLung to get a replacement for me? I'm feeling rather anxious and would appreciate any advice from you all, thanks so much.
If you do find that the firmware update solves the issue, please post back again. Would be very good to know if it has that much effect on power use.

Thanks everyone for the speedy responses! ScubaBoard rocks!

@JackD342 The low battery sign is on at all times, not just during the dives. And no, I don't set alarm on it and it's not connected to a transmitter (don't even own one) so there is no reason for the insane battery drain. I called the shop today and they said to bring it in and they'll contact the AquaLung rep. I hope this will be resolved in a more satisfactory fashion this time, I'll let you all know how this is handled. Good to know I'm not being unreasonable in demanding a once and final fix/replacement.

Thanks everyone for the speedy responses! ScubaBoard rocks!

@JackD342 The low battery sign is on at all times, not just during the dives. And no, I don't set alarm on it and it's not connected to a transmitter (don't even own one) so there is no reason for the insane battery drain. I called the shop today and they said to bring it in and they'll contact the AquaLung rep. I hope this will be resolved in a more satisfactory fashion this time, I'll let you all know how this is handled. Good to know I'm not being unreasonable in demanding a once and final fix/replacement.
Firmware version?

I tried to register my i450T on the Aqualung website, kept getting messages that the serial number I input does not exist. So I contact Aqualung by email, and received the reply that it was not registering the serial number because I bought it in Thailand and their warranty policy is offered on a regional basis.

"Aqua Lung will honor warranty in the region it was purchased. Unfortunately, different regions stand by different warranty policies and are not transferable."

So....
I'm SOL if something happens to my computer (I'm already out of Thailand..)?!

Reporting back on updates about my i450T: AquaLung told the shop that the cover was not in completely/properly after the battery was replaced last time. They tested it in their lab many times after, and no issue was found. So...... I suppose I'll have to do a few local dives after I pick it up to really test it out. But at least the shop is standing behind the piece they sold and said will continue to help, which I appreciate.

@Alexx007 I'd find it hard to believe that they don't offer any warranty for the piece? I believe I saw in an earlier post or another i450T thread that someone was able to work with the shop they bought it from to send it back to that particular region for fixes.

I picked this computer up at the beginning of last dive season. I ordered it from amazon and it came with a dead battery. I called Aqualung and they said since I did not buy it from an authorized dealer that its my problem not theirs which was disappointing on the customer service standpoint. its my first nitrox computer and I found it super user friendly the only aspects im not fond of are I cant hear the audible alarm when Im wearing my hood and I dont find the light bright enough. I wish it had a vibrate feature so I could Feel the Alarm. As for the AI I have never lost connection and think its and awesome feature.

Back
Top Bottom