i450T review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It had some kind of glitch in the circuit that drained the battery in two weeks, but AL took care of it. Good company.
I was replying to scubadada's comment about the PZ+ algorithm.

No, to each their own, a personal decision. I choose to dive DSAT, you choose to dive PZ+
I dived DSAT a long time on my OC1, moved to PZ+ when I started using a Shearwater as a primary.

I dived DSAT a long time on my OC1, moved to PZ+ when I started using a Shearwater as a primary.
Why did you switch? You can reasonably match DSAT with Buhlmann and GF once you figure out how it works. PZ+ is just so much more conservative.

Why did you switch? You can reasonably match DSAT with Buhlmann and GF once you figure out how it works. PZ+ is just so much more conservative.
I'm old. Conservative is good. In diving, that is.
I wanted to pick the GFs first, and work from there.

Just wanted to share my experience or lack their of with the i450T...

Initially i was gearing up to buythe Perdix AI even though it was going to be a little overkill (thinking long-term haha). However, a regional promotion from Aqualung came up that meant buying the i450T + Transmitter was going to be 50% cheaper than he Perdix AI + Transmitter......so i went with it.

Unlike others commenting I am a new Diver, however have quite a bit of experience with Free Diving and related watches. So far the watch has performed flawlessly and after reading the 86 page manual everything seems fairly intuitive. I also have very slim wrists (like really small) so any watch feels big, in saying that the i450T fits me quite well all things considered.

I can totally understand why people would recommend the version that allows DSAT, however that would have been another $300 ($220USD) for the luxury. Also my wife dives using PZ+ and so does much of the local Dive Club so its not an issue for me personally.

In terms of underwater performance, its easy enough to read considering i wear a prescription dive mask. Where we dive visibility can be as low as 2m and even at 25m I have yet to need to use the light during day dives.

I run the transmitter on a 6" hose so that no one uses it as a handle and I have yet to have any issue with the connection dropping out. In fact I have now taken my SPG off as for recreational diving it really seems pointless....I think I would connect if back up if I was doing anything technical though.

Just my 2 cents, overall very happy with the i450T

I'm considering an i450T as a backup to my i550. From what I've read here a good, but expensive option when the transmitter cost is factored in. Has anyone experienced any issues? I use the pay version of Diverlog and admit, it's wanting, but aside from the logging software any issues with pairing, losing pairing, other faults?

An update from beautiful Malta! Doing to some great wreck diving here. Regarding my AL i450t battery life post. Once AL replaced the guts of the computer, the battery is holding up fine, now problems with dive synch with the DiverLog program on a Mac. Seems the free Light version worked OK, bought the paid version and now at a roadblock. It just does not work. Connecting the watch after a dive it is not functional. Might synch to about 85% but then freezes up and times out before a complete data upload. Had this problem after dives in Hawaii, and I tried about 10 uploads. Computer restarts, Diver Log program restarts. Connecting and re-connecting the watch. But it it finally worked. Now in Malta, it seems either the watch or the Diver Log software is a lemon. Anybody know a good dive watch that actually communicates with a good dive log software program? About to pitch my AL i450t in the trash and start over. (For techies who may know, I'm on a Mac Book Air, running Diver Log on Mac High Sierra software).

I'm considering an i450T as a backup to my i550. From what I've read here a good, but expensive option when the transmitter cost is factored in. Has anyone experienced any issues? I use the pay version of Diverlog and admit, it's wanting, but aside from the logging software any issues with pairing, losing pairing, other faults?

Ciao Lenny. I did the same. Have an AL 550 and a i450t. The i450t works great as an air integrated watch dive computer. But the DiverLog software is a dog! You'll need to probably stay with a manual logbook. I tried to just use an electronic logbook with DiverLog but no deal. The software does not work with a Mac. Might be better on a Windows computer. I would recommend you do a test with your computer and a i450t from the dive shop before you commit. If you are interested in the download and electronic log book function.

Back
Top Bottom