I Won!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the wini!!!!!

on a side note.. I was interested in doing that dive.. a bit expensive, but I would suck it up.....

until I saw their camera policy. outrageous.
based upon that alone, I won't spend any money there at all.
details here

Rad,

I think we can work around their camera policy a bit. I spoke with Todd, and while I doubt they will allow external strobes, I think I can get them to allow my D200 if I choose to do so. I also have a Canon S70, so even if that is not a great shooting camera compared to my DSLR, that's also an option for me.

Notice that the AQ Staff has complete discretion as to what photography equipment is allowed. If you are interested in doing this, I could talk to Todd, and see what we could work out as far as cameras.

My first thought when I won this was, what lens? :D Kinda sad in a way!

However they don't allow flash, and I don't think the lighting is all that strong.

I could shoot high ISO's, but I'm debating just skipping the camera, and enjoying the dive without dealing with the aspect of shooting.

RaaaRoww!! :D

Way to go! What fun!! Let us know what goes on would you?

About time you finally win something

Ron,

Let me know when you are going and I will take pictures from outside the tank.

Dan

Hey Ron. I'll do the dive with you. Its been impossible to get to BH lately, so maybe this will be a good substitute. Lets go sooner than later!

Hey Ron. I'll do the dive with you. Its been impossible to get to BH lately, so maybe this will be a good substitute. Lets go sooner than later!

I've been slammed at work, and just noticed this! Cool, I sent you a PM.

I have to shime in..... I get the Oyster updates and actually check them somethimes.....
Congrats Ron!

I was going to do the volunteer thing two (maybe 3) summers ago with them, one of the guys on the TDS-bb was doing it and got me interested. Do they still do this? It is a pretty big commitment though. I think it was a 4 hour stent, once a week for 6 months. You cleaned ALL of the tanks - IE the BIG cat's crap in their pools....... He said the otters were a kick and would mess with you.

The elusive Greg.

Hey Ron, are things slowing down a bit? Should we start planning this aquarium dive?
We can have someone take fotos thru the glass. No need to bring a camera!

OK! Had to dig this old thread out of the dust bin. We waited so long that now I'm going to have to back out of our shark dive. You see, in the last 2 months, I jumped through the neccessary hoops to start volunteering at the aquarium. So, now forking over the big bucks to be your buddy at the aquarium has lost its luster!:mooner:

Back
Top Bottom