I Won!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I never win ANYTHING, or at least nothing I value, but at the last Shark Bait Dive club meeting, I won a dive with the Sharks visit at the Denver AQ.

So I'll be scheduling this in the next month or so, anyone interested in joining me! I understand if not, it's NOT a cheap dive, and it IS a short dive. But hey, it will be a very interesting dive. :D

Quoting Todd Hall (the ONLY paid diver at the AQ) the sharks are VERY conditioned, and one apparently lost some of his sensing smell, and will get very close to check out the new things in the area.

I like large fish (see my avatar) so this is right up my ally!

Way to go. I guess I should have gone, then the dive would have been mine!!

OOOHHHH! What a great prize to win!!!

Have fun and take a photo or two!!

Way to go. I guess I should have gone, then the dive would have been mine!!

I was thinking the same thing when I won, other than the dive is yours part. It would have gone to someone else, and we would have been left out in the cold.

The presentation Todd did was very good. About the best commercially based presentation I've seen to date maybe period, and without a doubt, the best commercial presentation done at Shark Bait IMO.

Lot's of interesting insights on dealing with big time marine animals in an aquarium environment. Ever had to burp a shark after transport? :rofl3:

OOOHHHH! What a

Have fun and take a photo or two!!

My first thought when I won this was, what lens? :D Kinda sad in a way!

However they don't allow flash, and I don't think the lighting is all that strong.

I could shoot high ISO's, but I'm debating just skipping the camera, and enjoying the dive without dealing with the aspect of shooting.

Awesome dude!

Do you know when you are going to do the dive yet?

I'm likely going to wait until it gets farther into winter, and I'm missing diving more. Most likely before the end of the year.

They run these every weekend, so I can schedule it just about anytime.

aquarium dives are cool too for the novelty factor.... last time i was at the manly aquirum i took some pics of divers in the tank from the outside and they turned out pretty good... some pics with you in it would be neat :D

congrats!! nice to have something to look forward to!! :multi:

Ron- I would take your camera. I did both tank dives a few months ago and thought the same thing you did about taking my good camera. Then I couldn't resist buying two of their disposable cameras (really expensive) and went through every shot and would have had much clearer shots with my own camera. You can use flash, you just can't use an external strobe. You'll have plenty of time to take photos and just relax but it's worth the shots of the sand tigers and their menacing teeth!

Congrats on the wini!!!!!

on a side note.. I was interested in doing that dive.. a bit expensive, but I would suck it up.....

until I saw their camera policy. outrageous.
based upon that alone, I won't spend any money there at all.
details here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom