I want to move to LA area...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I grew up in the valley, near Valley Village. Hot hot hot in the summer. The valley's a scorcher.

I live in Torrance and love it. 45 minutes to Malibu dives, 45 minutes to Laguna dives, 20 minutes to Long Beach /San Pedro boats. 5 minutes to Redondo boats/Vet's park, 10 minutes to PV sites.

1. 5 hours to mountains to ski/snowboard.

There are days I can drive from my gym to the house, I come up over the hill, in my rear view mirror is the pacific, in my windshield is a view of snow capped mountains.

Climate is wonderful. 85 degrees is a heat wave. 55 degrees is freezing. Everything you need down in the South Bay, I find Santa Monica /Westside too crowded.

If you have to drive to Hollywod, you're looking at an hour. Although Raleigh Studios (David Kelley's place) is in Manhattan Beach

I used to live in SOuth Redondo, LOVED it there but it's at least 20 minutes just to get to a freeway (one of the reasons I liked it, off the beaten path).

Chris

scubadobadoo:
I have yet to hear a bad thing about San Diego from ANY living soul. I will make it a point to visit San Diego when I finally move!

Ummmm.... there's no need to visit San Diego, it's awful down here. :wink: We have tornados, tsunami's and hurricanes just about every day. There are no freeways here, just a two lane dirt road from the Mexican border up to L.A. It's usually about 300 degrees in the summer, dropping to 60-70 below in the winter. Speaking of winter, the Pacific usually freezes up in the winter, so we can't dive, unlike the raw sewage which keeps us out of the water the rest of the year. I wouldn't come anywhere near here. Don't forget to tell your friends. :eyebrow:

John-Boy

ChrisM:
I grew up in the valley, near Valley Village. Hot hot hot in the summer. The valley's a scorcher.

I live in Torrance and love it. 45 minutes to Malibu dives, 45 minutes to Laguna dives, 20 minutes to Long Beach /San Pedro boats. 5 minutes to Redondo boats/Vet's park, 10 minutes to PV sites.

1. 5 hours to mountains to ski/snowboard.

There are days I can drive from my gym to the house, I come up over the hill, in my rear view mirror is the pacific, in my windshield is a view of snow capped mountains.

Climate is wonderful. 85 degrees is a heat wave. 55 degrees is freezing. Everything you need down in the South Bay, I find Santa Monica /Westside too crowded.

If you have to drive to Hollywod, you're looking at an hour. Although Raleigh Studios (David Kelley's place) is in Manhattan Beach

I used to live in SOuth Redondo, LOVED it there but it's at least 20 minutes just to get to a freeway (one of the reasons I liked it, off the beaten path).

Chris

Now you (and others) have gone and let the cat out of the bag....Its horrible here, I say, just horrible. Why yesterday, actually had to put a sweatshirt on to stay warm...well I did have shorts and sandals on, but thats besides the point.

Otter:
Now you (and others) have gone and let the cat out of the bag....Its horrible here, I say, just horrible. Why yesterday, actually had to put a sweatshirt on to stay warm...well I did have shorts and sandals on, but thats besides the point.

And I went DIVING today, in NOVEMBER, and had to wear a WETSUIT... the horror

C'mon Chris. Tell the truth. Not only do you wear a wetsuit year-round, you own a ...gasp...drysuit! :11:
December's right around the corner. Time to oil up the chainsaw to cut a hole in the ice.

Too true. I was heard to comment that yesterday would be my last wetsuit boat dive,,,, until March :)

Yeah i will support all of the so-calers complaining about so-cal. I get down there a few times a year. Move to Nor-Cal, we have all the water, did they forget to tell you that so-cal gets their water from Nor-Cal? IN Nor-Cal we have abalone diving, the Monterey Bay and lots of rivers to dive in. We have better visibility on land (less smog) and less crime. On a good day I can see from Sacramento to San Francisco, and from where I am right now I can see both San Francisco and Tahoe area. Ahh we love our Nor-Cal. But yes, our traffic does get bad, sometimes on the freeway we can only drive 45 mph because the traffic is so bad. On second thought, NY is a much better place than California, you don't want to come here.

Back
Top Bottom