I think I'm about done with Scubapro Regs...Looking for Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod,
Not sure where you are coming from and your comments are rude. I bought Scubapro, because I was looking for equipment that would last 20+ years. I have tried 3 different local LDS for service, two of them recommended here with supposedly good techs...I'm tired of not getting reliable service payed with hard earned $. Look at the forums, finding a good tech for D400 is a challenge.

I'm willing to do the service myself, and wasn't aware that repair manuals are available. I have PMed Axxel.

I think you misunderstood that I agree you should expect service twenty years out, I am saying that I agree with you and that the Hog/Edge etc will not supply your needs and wants if they are long duration purchases.

Other than that, you can refer to my third line in my sig---.

Okay, five years Chrpai, good, get back with me in 15 and let me know if the model that was produced on day one of that five years past is still going and still can get parts, if so, I am all for it, if not, I am not, rude or not. Again, to you, please refer to line three of my sig.

Oh, and BTW, to the OP, you just pxxxd me off, so I will not be offering you the two complete D400 rebuild kits (and NOS spare parts), first and second stage, for free that I was down in the basement for the last hour digging out to PM you just now. So, I will just put them back and save them for another twenty years or so.

N

Dive Rite has the best lifetime warranty in the business. I stay away from HOG, but your results might vary from mine.

AJMiami,

Too bad you don't have a good service center for your SP reg. I'm very lucky I have a good LDS in Dudas Diving Duds, West Chester, PA. Not a blink in upgrading and servicing my MK 5/109.

Best of luck, Craig

Oh, and BTW, to the OP, you just pxxxd me off, so I will not be offering you the two complete D400 rebuild kits (and NOS spare parts), first and second stage, for free that I was down in the basement for the last hour digging out to PM you just now. So, I will just put them back and save them for another twenty years or so.

N

NP..Not Needed! You can keep them and your condescending attitude

You guys are fricken hilarious.

If you get back with me in another twenty years, if you still are having service difficulties with the D400, hit me up on the parts for free I have in my huge stash. I will put a note on my Outlook to take you off IGNORE in 2033 or thereabouts. :)

N

I just cant understand someone advising someone else to beware of HOG because they havent been around for 20 freakin years. With that kind of thinking, and companies failing from time to time that HAVE been around for 20 years, it wouldnt be long before you would be forced to buy from the one or two that are left.....then everyone would have to pay scubapro prices because of the total lack of competition.

There is no indication that HOG/EDGE is going anyplace (except the new areas they are expanding into). There is every indication that they are doing very well. With the kind of customer service they provide I expect they will be around long after you are dong complaining about them.

Knock a product for sucking if you want, IF you have some proof that they suck. But, to say stay away because it is a young company with a different marketing approach is ....wellllllllllll, lets just say I dont agree. My momma said to not say anything if you cant say something nice. So, it would be NICE not to read nonsense like this.

Has anyone even asked the OP what exactly his problems with the regs are? He only states that servicing them is hit and miss. What exactly does that mean? Are they not breathing well, are they too frisky, or is he just suffering from seat bed-in issues due to lack of cycling?

if you are a DIY I would suggest you to learn servicing your D400, those regs that you have mentioned would be a step backwards performance wise.
60% of the regs I use now are either D series or Pilots converted to AIR 1 which uses the same type of valve.

Back
Top Bottom