I need your help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad to hear they found the Honda - and that it's fine. I was really thinking that it met its demise at one of the chop shops down in Pearl City.

Any chance they have a clue as to who did it? Glad one is back, good luck with the second. I don't suppose USAA has offered an appoligie?

They have no idea...there are some rumblings from one of my neighbors which are pure speculation and that I will keep to myself--but the cops are totally clueless (I am beginning to sense that this is a general cluelessness vice just with our case).

It was before your Mustang was stolen, but I am sure I saw you a few weeks ago. I remember the Calif license plates, 5xxxxx, on a black 05. I will definitely recognize it if seen again.

I think my house is cursed....

They recovered the Mustang (no idea what it looks like yet). Here is the kicker, they called us (no kidding) 7 minutes after I handed a guy 3000 in cash for a beater car to "replace" the Mustang...oh and better yet the cops recovered it on saturday...and erm today is tuesday...hmmmm.

Glad they found the Mustang, hope it's still in one piece.

After reading the below, I've reconsidered retiring to HI. That's absurd. In KS, I can walk into a store and walk out with any gun I want.

Scuba and Dream:
Well here it is from a gun shop on oahu...

Handgun: Have the notarized certificate from course requirement, receipt and details of handgun(s), valid ID, $24 fingerprinting / photograph ($24 required only once), fill out forms and return to HPD firearms unit after two weeks; pick up ‘handgun permit to aquire’ and have dealer/seller sign permit, bring handgun(s) back to firearms unit and have handgun(s) verified and registration forms completed.

Rifle and Shotgun: Fill out general forms, two week waiting period, then return to HPD firearms unit;

pick up ‘rifle and shotgun permit to aquire’ which is valid for one year. When purchasing rifles and shotguns,

dealer/seller confirms purchaser's rifle and shotgun permit to aquire, then purchaser brings those long gun(s)

and valid ID back to firearms unit to have long gun(s) verified and registration forms completed.

The messed up part is that the cops this morning told me that there is only 1 civilian on the island that has a handgun legally....

jeraldjcook:
Glad they found the Mustang, hope it's still in one piece.

After reading the below, I've reconsidered retiring to HI. That's absurd. In KS, I can walk into a store and walk out with any gun I want.
Sounds like the cops did a little joy-riding before notifying is was recovered................

I think the "1 civilian on the island that has a handgun legally" is misleading, that refers to someone with a CCW. And if you already own guns, you can bring them in with little trouble, mostly getting them registered with HPD as I understand it, no waiting or anything like that. Have not brough mine over yet, waiting for secure storage at home.

Lopaka:
And if you already own guns, you can bring them in with little trouble, mostly getting them registered with HPD as I understand it, no waiting or anything like that. Have not brough mine over yet, waiting for secure storage at home.

Most of my pistols have high capacity magazines, as do my rifles. I believe I would need to get rid of all of those as well.

So, was Mustang damaged?

jeraldjcook:
Most of my pistols have high capacity magazines, as do my rifles. I believe I would need to get rid of all of those as well.

So, was Mustang damaged?
Witing to hear about the Mustang too, I sold my beloved 94 Mustang before moving here, did not want to deal with bringing 3 cars, but really miss my hotrod.

No restriction on high capacity rifle magazines, AFAIK, just handguns. 10 round mags are plentiful and cheap. Heck, only 3 rounds less with a H&K USP 40.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom