I need your help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, sorry that this happened to you...I'm glad we have an old beater that no one is interested in.

You will have that feeling of violation for a while - took me a few months to get over it after the burglarized our place.

PS: I doubt they still have the same plates on em....any stickers, dings or scratches?

Both have military stickers on'em one is Hickam (Accord) the other VAFB CA (Mustang). The Mustang has a scratch on the rear bumper. The Honda has a spoiler, with a sunroof, and some yellow tiny splatter on the left front.

So sorry to hear about you getting ripped off. I've been there in the past a couple of times. The worst was when our house was broken into right in the middle of us moving to another house. I know how you feel about being violated. This happened 14 yrs ago. I still to this day think about it because there were some special things taken from me.

I would love to see anyone try to get on my property here. A big fortress looking gate. 4 dogs in the house at night and a couple of attack geese outside.

Hope you get your cars back and everything gets resolved real soon for you...especially so you can get some sleep.

Scuba and Dream:
Both have military stickers on'em one is Hickam (Accord) the other VAFB CA (Mustang). The Mustang has a scratch on the rear bumper. The Honda has a spoiler, with a sunroof, and some yellow tiny splatter on the left front.

Are the bases alerted when there is vehicle theft? Could be random criminal act... but also a distict posibility of a threat to national security....

And since it's da braddas guarding the bases here, anyone could drive through by flashing there Zippys card.

Scuba and Dream:
I know I'll be up all night in front of my house :) Too bad Hawaii doesn;t allow legal firearms.

Man you have my sympathy. My son lost his new bicycle in his first week on Maui. Got his second bicycle bashed into trash after a month. Later that year, he had his brand new moped lifted in broad daylight on the UH campus in Hilo. His loss pales in comparison to yours.

Does Oahu have stricter gun control laws than Maui? The info I've found says the state requires a permit/registration but you can own a handgun.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=hi

Of course I just keep my speargun by the bed. I think I'd rather be shot than speared!

Mark

Interesting...

howard4113:
Man you have my sympathy. My son lost his new bicycle in his first week on Maui. Got his second bicycle bashed into trash after a month. Later that year, he had his brand new moped lifted in broad daylight on the UH campus in Hilo. His loss pales in comparison to yours.

Does Oahu have stricter gun control laws than Maui? The info I've found says the state requires a permit/registration but you can own a handgun.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=hi

Of course I just keep my speargun by the bed. I think I'd rather be shot than speared!

Mark

Ya Mark,
While bow hunting, I used to look at my broadheads and think, damn! that would hurt! I bet a spear coming out of a triple band gun just might hurt.......

Well here it is from a gun shop on oahu...

Handgun: Have the notarized certificate from course requirement, receipt and details of handgun(s), valid ID, $24 fingerprinting / photograph ($24 required only once), fill out forms and return to HPD firearms unit after two weeks; pick up ‘handgun permit to aquire’ and have dealer/seller sign permit, bring handgun(s) back to firearms unit and have handgun(s) verified and registration forms completed.

Rifle and Shotgun: Fill out general forms, two week waiting period, then return to HPD firearms unit;

pick up ‘rifle and shotgun permit to aquire’ which is valid for one year. When purchasing rifles and shotguns,

dealer/seller confirms purchaser's rifle and shotgun permit to aquire, then purchaser brings those long gun(s)

and valid ID back to firearms unit to have long gun(s) verified and registration forms completed.

The messed up part is that the cops this morning told me that there is only 1 civilian on the island that has a handgun legally....

Sounds like the laws have changed a bit over the years- used to be you did not have to register long guns, you only needed a permit to aquire, which was valid for 1 year to purchase any long gun you wished.

When I used to go to the rifle range I read the laws (posted at the range) and they stated that live amunition could not be transported in the same vehicle as a firearm... nobody followed it because who can drive 2 vehicles at once? Hopefully that law got changed as well...

What is interesting is that the Hawaii State constitution is more specific on the right to bear arms than the U.S. constitution, yet Hawaii is very anti-gun in the laws enacted (though not so much as some other states)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom