I need moral support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver:
This didn't happen in a class, but it's pretty embarrasing nonetheless. As you know I met and dove with some of the DIR locals in Monterey this weekend. On dive 2 we got a chance to dive the scooters. Delia mentioned to me before the dive that I should be careful to manage my buoyancy because scooters can hide bad buoyancy skills. Well, needless to say that the dive was going very well until we started scootering back toward shore. As we followed the contour of the bottom and rose from 60' to 20' I was having such a good time that I paid no attention to dumping air from my drysuit, until Delia stopped for a moment. As soon as I let my hand off the trigger I started to float upwards...fast. I'm flailing around trying to get my shoulder up and dump air to no avail. I finally grab the scooter again and point it straight down and head for the bottom, only to repeat the experience again. I have no idea what the hell was up with my dump valve but I was quite the one man circus for a minute or so. As I'm thrashing around I look down and the others are all looking up at me. I'm sure I made quite the first impression with my new friends. :shakehead We'll see if I'm invited back.

Hint: Everybody you met on Saturday, me included, looks like a circus clown underwater when compared to Delia. And that's on a good day. Don't let the "I'm just a little itty bitty humble lady" exterior fool you.

You're always invited to come dive with us... Just remember though, new guy brings donuts.

Please everyone, stop posting -- it is just encouraging the bad side of TSandM!

I'm so glad I have something else to do this weekend -- anything else but be there when she comes back from class.

And be aware that spending too much time with these guys results in you signing up for classes that ensure that any self-esteem you've managed to develop as a diver gets thoroughly squashed :)

yeah, diver in the middle with left post off, other buddy goes OOG and middle buddy donates, goes on necklace and then goes OOG on third buddy.

i lost my mask in rectriox and swam a 100 yards or so without thinking about the backup mask in my pocket or any of my buddies pockets.

i just vapor locked trying to manage a spool for 5 minutes and sat there flashing everyone in the face with my HID.

all kinds of getting out of position and getting drug away and dying...

getting too near the line and getting my SPG tied off on it.

having a line get wrapped around a manifold and pulling the team to the surface...

first attempt at back kick in fundies... dog was mentioned... won't mention what i was doing to it...

fun times... =)

lamont:
first attempt at back kick in fundies... dog was mentioned... won't mention what i was doing to it...
Well, I'm just glad it was the dog and not your dive buddy ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
And be aware that spending too much time with these guys results in you signing up for classes that ensure that any self-esteem you've managed to develop as a diver gets thoroughly squashed :)

Just great. Maybe I need to re-think my upcoming move out there. :wink:

This is from my first dive in a local quarry, not even remotely close to anything tech.

Three of us pair up for the dive. We head in and stop at the planned point to do air checks before moving further out. I stop, look at my gauge, look back to my buddies - only I'm looking at their knees! In the time it took to read the gauge I had dropped onto the very soft bottom completely planting my knees.

To get out I actually managed a slow controlled bleed into the BC. Unfortunately I failed to account for the suction factor of the mud, and once free shot up about to within about 15 feet. That day, I counted not breaching the surface as an accomplishment! And I didn't entirely muck up the bottom!

Maybe these words of encouragement will help.
Be the bag! :confused:
Find your inner guppy and let her play! :shakehead

"Be the bag" -- I love it!

TSandM:
"Be the bag" -- I love it!
Oh dear ... I see a new sig line coming ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom