I need ideas for a good practical joke!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer land based practical jokes.

I have a roll of police tape that says "Unsafe Vehicle" on it that I am patiently biding my time to use. Have a friend who's scuba-mobile is a hunk of poo. Would love to wrap his vehicle while he is in the water at our local pond.

How awesome would that be?????? You get out of the water and your hunk of c r a p truck has police tape/UNSAFE VEHICLE all over it. Oh, and the cell phone service is very iffy in that park so, calling for help or confirmation may or may not happen. Still wish I had pulled that one in Bonaire........

As far as pranks go.....I prefer to prank friends that I know can take it and will hopefully prank me back. For example, I would never put green food coloring in anyone's boots if I thought they would cry about it. Fortunately, I have lots of friends that don't cry. And as far as safety, hot sauce on a reg is pretty stupid/dangerous. Good common sense goes a long way.

Pranks are not for everyone. But, fake farts are.

I agree..... practicle jokes should only be pulled on people you know well enough that you know their likely reaction. My rule is... if I would not like someone to do this to me I will not do it to them!

I'm midway on this. I thought the blue rubber "rare Carribean frog fish" was hillarious. I still get a giggle.
I would imagine lots of young guys would chuckle about the u/w farting.

Some of this other stuff is just plain malicious and really is mean to do anywhere.

Absolutely!

Dude! You pee in your suit!!!?????:shocked2::shocked2::no:
Anyway that's eco-polluting.lol

Naw it is only returning stuff to nature... naturally....:mooner:

naaaah.
$6 for a refill and us locals just go off the beach! Costumes are pricey though!(import tax!)

I would never mess with dive gear but there is a difference to pulling a harmless prank in a safe and familiar shore dive site and pulling one in unfamiliar setting. A joke is only funny if everyone including the one the joke is pulled on is enjoying it. I am with those who urge caution but a well timed and well thought out joke can be a lot of fun. Topside is better tho..

How about this one... put yellow jello in a mask with a small OHenry bar in it.... let it set overnight then bring it in during breakfast.... "Ok... so who was walking in their sleep again???" or fill in your own comment.... looks awful real!:eyebrow:

Ah. It looks as if I misinterpreted "pop." Thanks for clarifying this.
Ah, you were thinking of "burst"...?

"Pop" has so many meanings I suppose. If you pop your SO's hiney, or a bullwhip or locker room towel, those don't burst - but if you pop a balloon or a soap bubble, it's gone. I still worry about the weasel...?!

Ah, you were thinking of "burst"...?

"Pop" has so many meanings I suppose. If you pop your SO's hiney, or a bullwhip or locker room towel, those don't burst - but if you pop a balloon or a soap bubble, it's gone. I still worry about the weasel...?!

I gotta say Don, that was funny.

Have you actually done this? There shouldn't be any more air in the ball on the way up than there was on the way down. It should compress during the dive, then re-expand during ascent to its original size.

If you have actually done this, I'd be very interested in trying to figure out where the extra air in the ball came from. I'm also curious how someone could be so clueless about their gear so as not to notice something the size of a tennis ball in a pocket.

No extra air. Upon descent the ball compresses. On the ascent the thickness of the rubber cause it to spring back into shape, letting off a pop.

yes, I have done it several times. Most of the time I am carrying the ball and using it as a demonstration for newer divers. Depending upon the type of pocket or BC used would answer your last question.

As to playing a joke on a new diver, that is not me, Instructors and Know it all's are fair game.

Back
Top Bottom