I need ideas for a good practical joke!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was trying to but nuns wearing leather straps doesnt appear real popular. Go figure.

I was trying to but nuns wearing leather straps doesnt appear real popular. Go figure.

its popular dive junky, its just one of those subjects that most dont want to discuss.
Me on the other hand, I've been on ebay looking for just such an ensemble.

its popular dive junky, its just one of those subjects that most dont want to discuss.
O I pity those that have never been spanked by a nun.

I didn't know I would be stirring things up this much! I guess I might as well backpaddle and explain that tampering with someone else's equipment would cross the line for me. The surgical tape I used to write on the bottom of my friends fins was done the night before. The next day we all had a good laugh taking pictures of his fins. It was harmless. We also threw a lemon to eachother during our saftey stop. I'm sure there are some people who still think those jokes are inviting a dangerous situation. I love a good laugh but agree that anything that jeopardizes saftey or risks producing panic would be the height of stupidity.

We will be sharing a house with our friends and for three days we are using a dive-op whom are personal friends of theirs. I thought it would perfect for my husband to come to the breakfast table carrying his dive bag while wearing a nothing but a Borat style swimsuit and act like nothing is askew. I know our friends would be mortified. A couple of fake strips of back hair for myself might be included as well. This way the joke is land based and we are the butt of it. Humor can be a very subjective thing.

3374032746_eb4aa9a13c.jpg

Last edited:

Any luck? Please provide a link if you do!

O I pity those that have never been spanked by a nun.

I never said I hadnt. Of course I never went to Catholic school either.:eyebrow:

I didn't know I would be stirring things up this much! I guess I might as well backpaddle and explain that tampering with someone else's equipment would cross the line for me. The surgical tape I used to write on the bottom of my friends fins was done the night before. The next day we all had a good laugh taking pictures of his fins. It was harmless. We also threw a lemon to eachother during our saftey stop. I'm sure there are some people who still think those jokes are inviting a dangerous situation. I love a good laugh but agree that anything that jeopardizes saftey or risks producing panic would be the height of stupidity.

We will be sharing a house with our friends and for three days we are using a dive-op whom are personal friends of theirs. I thought it would perfect for my husband to come to the breakfast table carrying his dive bag while wearing a nothing but a Borat style swimsuit and act like nothing is askew. I know our friends would be mortified. A couple of fake strips of back hair for myself might be included as well. This way the joke is land based and we are the butt of it. Humor can be a very subjective thing.

3374032746_eb4aa9a13c.jpg

Oh, now this plan would be funny...maybe your friends would be mortified..but, I can only imagine the response. If anything, get your gear out the night before and in the most serious way boast and show off the "Great" new suit DH has. He wouldn't necessarily have to be wearing it in order to get their reactions....Let them off the hook in the morning before the dive, I bet they would be relieved..Have a Great time and let us know if you pulled this one off :D

I often swim over to a friend and open a small bag of cat biscuits behind them. Ever had two hundred and fifty Sgt Majors creep up on you?
Well yes, except it was all the trigger fish and barracuda around. One of the cudas followed me the rest of the dive. Something about fooling with nature temps fate a bit much. Glad your friend wasn't bitten.
Can't be stated better than that Jupiter 31. Anything detracting from a safe dive should not be done. :no:

There's lost of time for "fun" apres dive:eyebrow:
Yep, agree that. Ever had to help a fellow diver into a post dive ambulance? Puts a serious tone on things.

SI jokes - Si! Dive time - No!
Have you actually done this? There shouldn't be any more air in the ball on the way up than there was on the way down. It should compress during the dive, then re-expand during ascent to its original size.

If you have actually done this, I'd be very interested in trying to figure out where the extra air in the ball came from. I'm also curious how someone could be so clueless about their gear so as not to notice something the size of a tennis ball in a pocket.

In case anyone is curious, a PETE water bottle filled with air at 120 feet of seawater does not pop on ascent based on personal experimentation. It just bulges slightly. I ran some numbers using burst pressures on those bottles and figured you'd have to fill the bottle at over 300 feet to have much chance of popping near the surface. I wonder what the burst pressure on a tennis ball is.
The tennis ball compresses much like it does when you squeeze one in your grip, then pops back into shape much like it does when you release your grip. Ever grip squeezed one? Not that complicated.

Originally Posted by Dantheengineer View Post
I often swim over to a friend and open a small bag of cat biscuits behind them. Ever had two hundred and fifty Sgt Majors creep up on you?
Well yes, except it was all the trigger fish and barracuda around. One of the cudas followed me the rest of the dive. Something about fooling with nature temps fate a bit much. Glad your friend wasn't bitten.

I'd back pedal Don but since he was dressed as a nurse with a catheter and i was wearing my minimalist gorilla suit, i figured he was fair game!:blinking:

Originally Posted by Dantheengineer View Post

I'd back pedal Don but since he was dressed as a nurse with a catheter and i was wearing my minimalist gorilla suit, i figured he was fair game!:blinking:
That's a different slant. :thumb:

And it's not like you flew over 1,000 miles to be there with an average cost of $200/tank to dive. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom