I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my nightstand sits a .45acp, between the nightstand and bed stands the Benelli stoked with 7 rounds of 12ga 2 3/4 00 buck. Access to reloads for both are also handy. For my home I have determined that those are the most efficient means of protection. I do not have any long range shots I will need to take within the confines of my house. Home defense is a personal decision and preference. Go with what you are most comfortable with and can shoot most accurately and make yourself familiar with the fire controls and safety operations. I do not foresee having a need for the AR or AK but I could get to them if I had to.

Not exactly. 2 to the heart, 1 to the head.

The ever popular Mozambique drill.

I enjoy opposing views, but we're gonna need a little more than that.

Sorry, but I had to get to work. The quote was that "magnum" shotshells do not have more power. I just looked up 2 loads in one of my old reloading manuals. One was a 2 3/4" 1 1/2 oz. load in a certain WW casing. It showed 34 grains of SR4756 as maximum. In the same WW shell casing in 3" it showed 1 7/8 oz. with 36.5 grains of SR4756. Which has more power? If you are talking about velocity you will in some cases be correct, but not always. Power? There is more available in the 3" magnum and now even more available in the 3 1/2" magnums.

but for inside the home protection, it seems to me a shotgun with the proper load would have more knock down ability than an AR15 with 5.56 or possibly .308 due to the penetrating ability of the smaller round.

.......what?

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 07:24 PM ----------

Can an ar punch through block or concrete walls?

Does a bear **** in the woods?

LB probably suffering pub withdrawal and does not know what he is typing.

When did he ever know what he was typing?

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 08:35 PM ----------

Again.... I quote facts... And give links to those facts.... You on the other hand come back with no facts and trying to belittle me like a school boy....

Have fun.......

Jim.....

Hey, if the shoe fits!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

And for the record numbnuts, it's not whether you're right or wrong, it's your stupid attitude.

---------- Post added October 19th, 2013 at 08:35 PM ----------

Again.... I quote facts... And give links to those facts.... You on the other hand come back with no facts and trying to belittle me like a school boy....

Have fun.......

Jim.....

Hey, if the shoe fits!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

And for the record numbnuts, it's not whether you're right or wrong, it's your stupid attitude.

I can solve this problem. I know which weapon is best.

The one that is closest and available when you need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom