I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.22 is still scarce here, but other rounds (at least that I look at) are fairly easy to find in stock. Luckily, I have about all the ammo that I need at the moment.

How much is enough? I am not sure I have reached that point yet.

Do a little reading...... https://www.google.com/#q=instinct+shooting

https://www.google.com/#q=12ga+magnum+for+home+defence

When people stop talking about facts and start throwing mud.... It shows they don't have a real rebuttal to it....

Jim...

The first several documents did not assist your case. Much discussion regarding 2.75" magnums, not the 3" for which you are sporting a woody, for home defense. The general feeling remains, and rightly so, that the recoil from a 3" magnum does not justify its use for home defense. Perhaps you feel stoked after a few rounds of 3"; knock yourself out. But I (and many others) would no sooner recommend 3" mags than they would a .44 magnum, .454 Casull, or .500 S&W, or .50AE for home defense.

"Back in the day" I owned a very heavily modified Rem 870 which was loaded with Federal's "Tactical" load. "On it" and easy enough to access and insert were slugs. Within a building, or out to the distance a rifle would be the best option, I could damn well ruin your day and I did not need 3" magnum manlys to do so.

The first several documents did not assist your case. Much discussion regarding 2.75" magnums, not the 3" for which you are sporting a woody, for home defense. The general feeling remains, and rightly so, that the recoil from a 3" magnum does not justify its use for home defense. Perhaps you feel stoked after a few rounds of 3"; knock yourself out. But I (and many others) would no sooner recommend 3" mags than they would a .44 magnum, .454 Casull, or .500 S&W, or .50AE for home defense.

"Back in the day" I owned a very heavily modified Rem 870 which was loaded with Federal's "Tactical" load. "On it" and easy enough to access and insert were slugs. Within a building, or out to the distance a rifle would be the best option, I could damn well ruin your day and I did not need 3" magnum manlys to do so.

Just subscribe to his newsletter and have done, you know you want to.

.22 is about the only thing that is a tough find around here now. Centerfire of all calibers is available, a bit more expensive then it used to be but really what isn't. .22 you can find the day of and after a delivery. CCI Sv is $4.99 a box of 50 at Gander, comes in Wed. morning and usually gone by Friday. No bulk packs to be found though, at least not the hours I shop.

I just picked up a couple boxes of Lapua Center x .22 lr. Going to be interesting to see how they group in my custom 10/22. I can usually squeeze out nickel size or better groups out to 50yds with it (using a couple different brands). The Lapua was $12.99 a box of 50 (ouch) I bought it more out of curiosity than anything else, just to see if it is as good as advertised.

.22 is about the only thing that is a tough find around here now. Centerfire of all calibers is available, a bit more expensive then it used to be but really what isn't. .22 you can find the day of and after a delivery. CCI Sv is $4.99 a box of 50 at Gander, comes in Wed. morning and usually gone by Friday. No bulk packs to be found though, at least not the hours I shop.

I just picked up a couple boxes of Lapua Center x .22 lr. Going to be interesting to see how they group in my custom 10/22. I can usually squeeze out nickel size or better groups out to 50yds with it (using a couple different brands). The Lapua was $12.99 a box of 50 (ouch) I bought it more out of curiosity than anything else, just to see if it is as good as advertised.

Go to Cabela's and create a comparison chart of their .22 ammo, then save it.

The chart lists in stock or out of stock.

Bring up the bookmarked chart while you are on the 'net and refresh.

You will catch the ammo when it comes in stock.

I built a .22 M4 clone that eats the Federal bulk, Cabela's sells it 99 for 2100 in a 30 can when in stock.

This bad larry was on my must-have list many years ago. Benelli Super 90 "Entry gun".

Benellim1entry5hx.jpg

I have posted this before in another thread. My son @ 12yrs old shooting my Benelli Super Nova with 3.5" 00 buck. Talk about a kicker. I love the gun, it is actually a soft shooter with 2 3/4" shells, can shoot them all day long. Benelli makes a top notch firearm, one of their semi-autos is definitely on the short list.

antbenellifireball_zps2c195225.png

On a side note the wife drug me into Wally World this evening and I was able to get 6 100 packs of CCI .22 mini-mags for $7.47 each, I was pretty pleased with that. They still limit you to 3 boxes (any size) of ammo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom