I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps a different "site" is in order.:D

Perhaps that is what he was thinking all along. Freudian slip, as it were.

I'm currently content with my site, using my sights, and talking about it on this site. But please don't take that as a slight, in any way.

I hit Walmart near work on the way in to work this morning, just as they were un-loading/restocking a shipment of ammo, and I grabbed some hard to find 22's. The girl in the sporting goods said she never even bothers to put the 22 ammo into the case, because by the time she has stocked whatever other ammo has come in, all of the 22 ammo will be gone anyway, even at a 3 box limit per customer.
shakehead.gif

I learned this week that thanks to that A. H. Cuomo, NY is going to be requiring background checks for all ammo purchases, which means that a lot of operations like Walmart will simply stop selling ammo in NY.

I tell people all the time to " STOP " using the sites on their handguns.... Sites are for killing paper targets... The pistol must become part of your body...
You point and shoot, 3 rounds per target... BODY-HEAD-BODY is what I use... You don't need to shoot as much as you need to learn to point...

Think of it like this... close your eyes and point your finger at something across the room.... Now open your eyes and look where your finger is pointed... It should be right on the center of what you pointing at ... Now put your (unloaded) pistol in your hand... ( ONLY USE A GUN THAT FITS YOUR HAND ) ... Put your trigger finger along side the frame of the gun, Close your eyes and start pointing... You can and should do this as much as you can... Even sitting watching TV... After pointing look down the sites, Is the barrel lined up with the target ? In time the pistol will become a natural part of your hand and the sites will be right were your pointing at... Now go out and shoot with your eyes closed, pointing at the target... Do not use ear plugs or anything you don't have on all the time... You will now be ready for a gunfight... If you can have a friend work with you, have him/her fire a weapon to add noise to the training...

Gunfights happen in a blink of the eye and mostly low light , and at weird angles ... Taking your time to get a site picture and slowly squeeze the trigger will never happen in the real world... And will most likely get you killed....:wink: And remember, If you pull a gun, It should come out smoking...

Jim....

And a added note.... FOR HOME DEFENCE A 12ga shotgun with a 18" barrel firing a 3" magnum number 2 or 0 SHOT.... CAN'T BE BEAT...

Any firearm is the right firearm when you are in a situation of protecting your life or that of your families. Any load that gets the job done is the right one also. Maybe oldschoolto is swatting flys with an elephant gun, but so what?

He sounds like he is prepared so it's hard for me to find fault in that and split hairs.

I just would want to make sure that if I ever came over to your house at night I made sure you knew I was coming, cause I don't think you'd hear me at the doorbell and I wouldn't want to risk you blasting me by accident! :rofl3:

On a happier note, Walmart is starting to get ammo in on Wednesday and Friday mornings. Picked up a 120 count box of American Eagle 5.56 55gr FMJ for $60.00 (a little high but might be the new normal)

On a happier note, Walmart is starting to get ammo in on Wednesday and Friday mornings. Picked up a 120 count box of American Eagle 5.56 55gr FMJ for $60.00 (a little high but might be the new normal)

Picked up three 160 round boxes of 223 American Eagle for $70 at Wally world on Mon. They were just unpacking it, and there were only 2 boxes left after I got those 3!

The guy at WallyWorld said they also received 20 325 count boxes of .22 LR. They were gone in 10 minutes.

The guy at WallyWorld said they also received 20 325 count boxes of .22 LR. They were gone in 10 minutes.

Same ammo, and same results here this morning at the Wally near work.
I am getting in the habit of swinging by on the way to work, and seem to catch them stocking @ once a week, but they do not always have ammo I want.

I ended up with several hundred steel case Russian 223 rounds that I have no idea if my mini14 will feed, back when nothing else was on the shelves. Better than no ammo at all I guess. Also some Blazer, steel 9mm, I will try this weekend, just to see what it does.

Ammo is spotty here, but but spotty is an improvement. I find stuff about 1/3 of the time at places other than walmart, at walmart I haven't been able to buy ammo for at least a year, but I'm not hitting them either in the early mornings like everyone says you have to.

Heading to Cabellas today to see if the rumours of 45acp being available are true.

Huh. Up here 45 ACP, 40 cal, and 30:06 are all that is continually in stock at both Wally world and Dicks.

22 is rarely in stock, and gone in minutes, while I have found no 38 special at all, and no 44 mag in several weeks.

9mm, 308, 223 seem to be coming in more often that just a few weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom