I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer my targets to return fire, said no one ever. But it does add a certain amount of urgency to the training...

That's actually pretty fun.

Get a Glock that shoots under water. (under water spring cup)

That's actually pretty fun.

Unless they are placing more effective fire down... In that case it sucks and you need to hit the reset button on the console before your experience points to take a hit...

---------- Post added October 16th, 2013 at 06:25 PM ----------

Get a Glock that shoots under water. (under water spring cup)

See, plastic. If it was metal they would never take it in the water...

Unless they are placing more effective fire down... In that case it sucks and you need to hit the reset button on the console before your experience points to take a hit...

It's a good learning tool if they're placing more effective fire. :)

I was referring to a Fire Arm Training Simulator that had a paintball type gun attached to it. It was controlled by the FATS operator and left some painful reminders.

I was referring to bad guys throwing lead at you...

---------- Post added October 16th, 2013 at 07:21 PM ----------

No one knows how they are going to react under fire until real lead is flying through the air and the thrower is intent on ending your life...

I tell people all the time to " STOP " using the sites on their handguns.... Sites are for killing paper targets... The pistol must become part of your body...
You point and shoot, 3 rounds per target... BODY-HEAD-BODY is what I use... You don't need to shoot as much as you need to learn to point...

Think of it like this... close your eyes and point your finger at something across the room.... Now open your eyes and look where your finger is pointed... It should be right on the center of what you pointing at ... Now put your (unloaded) pistol in your hand... ( ONLY USE A GUN THAT FITS YOUR HAND ) ... Put your trigger finger along side the frame of the gun, Close your eyes and start pointing... You can and should do this as much as you can... Even sitting watching TV... After pointing look down the sites, Is the barrel lined up with the target ? In time the pistol will become a natural part of your hand and the sites will be right were your pointing at... Now go out and shoot with your eyes closed, pointing at the target... Do not use ear plugs or anything you don't have on all the time... You will now be ready for a gunfight... If you can have a friend work with you, have him/her fire a weapon to add noise to the training...

Gunfights happen in a blink of the eye and mostly low light , and at weird angles ... Taking your time to get a site picture and slowly squeeze the trigger will never happen in the real world... And will most likely get you killed....:wink: And remember, If you pull a gun, It should come out smoking...

Jim....

And a added note.... FOR HOME DEFENCE A 12ga shotgun with a 18" barrel firing a 3" magnum number 2 or 0 SHOT.... CAN'T BE BEAT...

A shotgun and a full bladder...

... FOR HOME DEFENCE A 12ga shotgun with a 18" barrel firing a 3" magnum number 2 or 0 SHOT.... CAN'T BE BEAT...

For home defense a 12 gauge with 3" magnums is ridiculous; there is insufficient range to justify the load. Inside the house a 20 gauge is more than sufficient. If you really must use a 12, there are reduced recoil rounds designed for stopping people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom