I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... Do not use ear plugs or anything you don't have on all the time... You will now be ready for a gunfight... If you can have a friend work with you, have him/her fire a weapon to add noise to the training...

Gunfights happen in a blink of the eye and mostly low light , and at weird angles ... Taking your time to get a site picture and slowly squeeze the trigger will never happen in the real world... And will most likely get you killed....:wink: And remember, If you pull a gun, It should come out smoking...

Jim....

:no: Practicing without ear pro is a very bad idea. Tinnitus is no fun to live with, believe me.

For home defense a 12 gauge with 3" magnums is ridiculous; there is insufficient range to justify the load.

Ok... If you think so.... :rofl3:

Practicing without ear pro is a very bad idea. Tinnitus is no fun to live with, believe me.

My hearing is not what should be.... But a loud noise does not faze me, It's all about living in the real world... If you look at shootings by " TRAINED " LEO's ... They can't hit the broadside of a barn in a gunfight... they are very good at hitting everything they're not trying to hit... They are also very good at shooting themselves in the foot/leg with their Glocks....

Jim....

Gunfights happen in a blink of the eye and mostly low light , and at weird angles ...

Now we know why hip-hoppin-homies and GangBangers hold their guns so strangely.

Last edited:
And poke the bullets at what is ever in the general direction of their target.

As for a 12 gauge for home defense low brass number 7 shot makes one helluva hole at five to ten feet. And it likely will not go through the wall and hit the neighbors like magnum buck shot. And all those little pellets are a bitch to get out of a guy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I tell people all the time to " STOP " using the sites on their handguns.... Sites are for killing paper targets... The pistol must become part of your body...
You point and shoot, 3 rounds per target... BODY-HEAD-BODY is what I use... You don't need to shoot as much as you need to learn to point...

Think of it like this... close your eyes and point your finger at something across the room.... Now open your eyes and look where your finger is pointed... It should be right on the center of what you pointing at ... Now put your (unloaded) pistol in your hand... ( ONLY USE A GUN THAT FITS YOUR HAND ) ... Put your trigger finger along side the frame of the gun, Close your eyes and start pointing... You can and should do this as much as you can... Even sitting watching TV... After pointing look down the sites, Is the barrel lined up with the target ? In time the pistol will become a natural part of your hand and the sites will be right were your pointing at... Now go out and shoot with your eyes closed, pointing at the target... Do not use ear plugs or anything you don't have on all the time... You will now be ready for a gunfight... If you can have a friend work with you, have him/her fire a weapon to add noise to the training...

Gunfights happen in a blink of the eye and mostly low light , and at weird angles ... Taking your time to get a site picture and slowly squeeze the trigger will never happen in the real world... And will most likely get you killed....:wink: And remember, If you pull a gun, It should come out smoking...

Jim....

And a added note.... FOR HOME DEFENCE A 12ga shotgun with a 18" barrel firing a 3" magnum number 2 or 0 SHOT.... CAN'T BE BEAT...

Sight, the word is sight

You can thank me later.

Ok... If you think so.... :rofl3:

[/COLOR]

My hearing is not what should be.... But a loud noise does not faze me, It's all about living in the real world... If you look at shootings by " TRAINED " LEO's ... They can't hit the broadside of a barn in a gunfight... they are very good at hitting everything they're not trying to hit... They are also very good at shooting themselves in the foot/leg with their Glocks....

Jim....

I know so, and I am not the only one who knows. 12 ga magnums were not intended for people inside the confines of a home. You though are free to prove your MAiNeliness by using a sledgehammer to stop flies.

My nearest neighbor is a 1/4 mile from me..... Yes, I like to get the job done.... 12ga Mag's do the job, everytime.... Sorry about the spelling/grammar error... But I'm sure you knew what I was saying... "Weird angle" as in the person will not be at your 12 o'clock and on the same level as you... like people and LEO's practice at all the time....

When posting in a thread goes down the road like this has.... It serves no useful purpose..... You are free to think whatever you like...

DOOR.........

Jim....

It has been years since I practiced hip shots, but after I failed to score even one hit in a combat match, shooting from the hip, I put in a lot of time practicing.

Tethered a coffee can on a cable, and practiced dong only one shot at a time, till I could quite consistently hit the can at 35 yards.

I should try it now. Haven't tried a shot like that in over 20 years. Hmmm......

My nearest neighbor is a 1/4 mile from me..... Yes, I like to get the job done.... 12ga Mag's do the job, everytime.... Sorry about the spelling/grammar error... But I'm sure you knew what I was saying... "Weird angle" as in the person will not be at your 12 o'clock and on the same level as you... like people and LEO's practice at all the time....

When posting in a thread goes down the road like this has.... It serves no useful purpose..... You are free to think whatever you like...

DOOR.........

Jim....

So, exactly how many times have you shot a bad guy in your house? And since it's a recurring problem, I think you should move.

Perhaps a different "site" is in order.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom