I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the guns I've seen pictures or descriptions of in this discussion are perfectly legal. Some are pre 1898, meaning that unless you live in a semi-fascist state like NJ, you can buy them without any paperwork. They are antiques.

A surgeon I know is quite wealthy, and a serious gun collector. He became part owner of an FFL gun dealership and also of a bail bondsman/private detective agency. Strictly a money investment in each. He takes no part in operations, but his name is on the paperwork.

He has more guns than the Danish army, and can carry concealed weapons in any state he chooses, perfectly legally.

The statistics regarding violent crimes and gun availability are very interesting because they demonstrate the lack of clear connections.

In some nations gun availability is very limited, and violent crime is extremely low. A few hundred kilometers down the road, guns are everywhere, purchase of pistols is easy, but violent crime is also very rare. Switzerland is a good example of this phenomenon.

In Japan guns are almost impossible to acquire, and all pistols are completely illegal for non-police/military personnel. Gun violence there is almost unknown.Their murder rate is fairly high, though.

They use knives.

And Sarin gas, as I recall.
also I read somewhere in my preparations to visit Australia that the same terrorist group once owned uranium bearing land in the outback, and they are thought to have been trying to develop a nuclear bomb, but eventually settled for the easier to deploy the poison gas.

The point is, you do not need a gun to kill people. Even lots of people.

These are legal too with the proper license and a $200 transfer tax

I much prefer the picture of the blond woman, dressed appropriately, weilding a M1 Garand. She was (is?) HOT !!

I felt the .40 was a good compromise. Little larger than a 9mm, little faster than .45 and the magazine capacity is right between. Some people swear by .45, but the reality is that the wound channel isn't significantly larger. I'd rather a bit more velocity and higher capacity. The more rounds that can effectively be put on a target, the greater the chances of stopping the threat.

I don't like the magazine capacity of .45 and the 1911 frame. When you really think about it, at a time when your in fight or flight, adrenaline has just been dumped into your system and you have 2-3 people doing a home invasion and you grab your 1911 you have only 1-2 shots per threat to make them count.

Also, modern 9mm JHP are far superior than what they used to be (but to be honest, FMJ 9mm still sucks. If i had to choose between 9mm and 45 and can only carry FMJ I'd choose the 45 even though it is reduced capacity).

As far as 40 S&W I really didn't like the snap of the round on the Sig I owned. I do agree and like how it kind of fits between the 9mm and 45ACP.

My current carry rig is a S&W M&P 9mm FS (I'm a big guy so it conceals nicely on me). I am tempted to go back to a M&P9c.

All the guns I've seen pictures or descriptions of in this discussion are perfectly legal. Some are pre 1898, meaning that unless you live in a semi-fascist state like NJ, you can buy them without any paperwork. They are antiques.

A surgeon I know is quite wealthy, and a serious gun collector. He became part owner of an FFL gun dealership and also of a bail bondsman/private detective agency. Strictly a money investment in each. He takes no part in operations, but his name is on the paperwork.

He has more guns than the Danish army, and can carry concealed weapons in any state he chooses, perfectly legally.

The statistics regarding violent crimes and gun availability are very interesting because they demonstrate the lack of clear connections.

In some nations gun availability is very limited, and violent crime is extremely low. A few hundred kilometers down the road, guns are everywhere, purchase of pistols is easy, but violent crime is also very rare. Switzerland is a good example of this phenomenon.

In Japan guns are almost impossible to acquire, and all pistols are completely illegal for non-police/military personnel. Gun violence there is almost unknown.Their murder rate is fairly high, though.

They use knives.

The only class of citizen in the US who may legally carry a concealed weapon in all states and territories are law enforcement officers, active or retired.

Unless your surgeon friend is also a sworn law enforcement officer...

He has a LTC from each state/commonwealth or those with reciprocity with others? Even the Peoples Commywealth of Nahtzeechusetts?

---------- Post added October 14th, 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

I don't like the magazine capacity of .45 and the 1911 frame. When you really think about it, at a time when your in fight or flight, adrenaline has just been dumped into your system and you have 2-3 people doing a home invasion and you grab your 1911 you have only 1-2 shots per threat to make them count.

If you are that concerned I'd purchase a couple of small rifles to leave around the house. Any handgun is a poor second to a rifle. 'Sides, drop the first sumbeech through the door and the other jugaloos might beat feet for easier pickins.

He has a LTC from each state/commonwealth or those with reciprocity with others? Even the Peoples Commywealth of Nahtzeechusetts?

---------- Post added October 14th, 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

If you are that concerned I'd purchase a couple of small rifles to leave around the house. Any handgun is a poor second to a rifle. 'Sides, drop the first sumbeech through the door and the other jugaloos might beat for for easier pickins.

Probably works out of the same office as Agent Hockeynut

Have you ever considered a Glock 21 (13 round capacity mag 45 acp), or a FNP 45 Tactical (15 round capacity mag 45 acp)?

I am surprised at you komrade Adurso, blowing a fellow provocateur's cover like that, very unprofessional. :stirpot:

:theyareontome:

Back
Top Bottom