I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2013-03-03 18.39.58.jpg

I could not decide between shooting and diving. I took my dive mask and neoprene hood to the range.

101_0436b.jpg

With Obama's importation bans, new (old) ones aren't coming in from our allies. I just hope they don't destroy them before the admininstration changes and we have a chance of getting them.

I can't find a primary source for this policy. Searching got me lots of articles referring to each other and a few minutes digging through export.gov hasn't yielded anything yet.

Anyone have links to a primary source for the policy?

Search on the new UN treaty that limits small arms movements. Obama/Kerry have signed on to it but Senate has not ratified.

I can't find a primary source for this policy. Searching got me lots of articles referring to each other and a few minutes digging through export.gov hasn't yielded anything yet.

Anyone have links to a primary source for the policy?

Obamer signed an executive order in Aug against reimportation of weapons that could be considered highly dangerous according to probably his expert Michele Obama or one of the Giffords. Since the guns were given to the foreign country, they fall under the State Dept or something... it's an Obama loophole that his lawyers discovered in order to be able to ban reimportation. These got through due to the hysteria of the Newton Conn shooting.

The other measure will end a government practice that allows military weapons, sold or donated by the United States to allies, to be re-imported into the United States by private groups. The White House said the United States has approved the re-importation of 250,000 such guns since 2005; under the new policy, only museums and a few other groups such as the government will be allowed to re-import these weapons.Mark Barnes, a national firearms attorney based in D.C., said restricting these imports made no sense since they were destined for curio collectors. Barnes represents Century Arms Inc., who has spent two years seeking a permit to re-import nearly 80,000 M1 Garand rifles from South Korea, which was used widely by the U.S. armed forces in World War Two.
“We are talking about a firearm that is not an assault weapon,” Barnes said. “What is the point of preventing the lawful and responsible citizen from accessing a collectible?”
NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said in a statement that “the Obama administration has once again completely missed the mark when it comes to stopping violent crime.”

7732_314417285704_588945704_9194787_6779830_n.jpg

Nice picture. A blond with a real rifle, not that sorry excuse for an M14 replacement ;-) An AR-10 though woulda been schweet.

It sucks. I can't understand the Constitution is a federal document and yet the states get to dictate the terms. Colorado has been pro gun for so long that we fell asleep and the liberals started taking our right away. HOWEVER. and it must makes me chuckle even to write it... we recalled 2 anti-gun d bags a month ago, they lost their jobs as politicians due to our citizens saying enough is enough, and now we are in the process of booting out the 3rd right now! Thank God!

Back to guns ...

I don't have an M1 carbine yet, I've been holding out for the M1A1 paratrooper model, but damn they are so expensive! The other baby I've been watching out for over the last few years is a vintage Winchester trench shot gun from WWI. Gotta save a lot of cabbage to get those two on my holy grail list. I saw one trench gun at the last gun show, the guy wanted $6000 for it

Drool...

9966924_1.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

If you do get that 1897 watch your thumb placement, they can be bitey.

Back
Top Bottom