I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I blame ALL of you!

Cindy and I decided to check out a new gun store/range. We had not been there 10 minutes before she says, "I like that one. It's sexy. And my birthday is next week."

Next thing you know we have two Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II .45s. These things are sweet. Trigger is short pull and crisp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381609268523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381609268523.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381609303828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381609303828.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 58
That is a sweet gun, yes, the trigger is short and crisp.

Not sure why it is that you ended up with 2 of them. I thought it was Cindy's birthday. Good move though:wink:
I blame ALL of you!

Cindy and I decided to check out a new gun store/range. We had not been there 10 minutes before she says, "I like that one. It's sexy. And my birthday is next week."

Next thing you know we have two Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II .45s. These things are sweet. Trigger is short pull and crisp.

I blame ALL of you!

TWO!!!! WTF, are you carrying one on each hip or will Cindy keep one in her purse? :rofl3::rofl3:. Great looking guns Gary, and I'm positive it's a good investment. Give it 3 years and you'll be able to sell one and get 40% of your investment back, that is IF the Dems win the house back. IJS.

:D :D You didn't think I was gonna let her have a .45 and me not have a .45. :no:

I need to spend some time on the range with one of they guys at the store to teach me how to sight the laser properly. Looks to me like it shoots low but it may have been pre-sighted for a longer distance. The activation button is very smooth and soft. You don't even know you're depressing it with a proper grip. I also like that it has a manual off/on switch on the left side of the grip for when I don't want to use the laser. So far I'm quite pleased. I'll know for sure after some range time. In addition to some discounting I was pimping them for, they also gave us a hour of range time each.

The Crimson Trace grips I bought for mine are like that. I think they are sighted for 50'? I think I read that somewhere. Haven't shot it using the laser yet. Let me know how yours works out.
:D :D You didn't think I was gonna let her have a .45 and me not have a .45. :no:

I need to spend some time on the range with one of they guys at the store to teach me how to sight the laser properly. Looks to me like it shoots low but it may have been pre-sighted for a longer distance. The activation button is very smooth and soft. You don't even know you're depressing it with a proper grip. I also like that it has a manual off/on switch on the left side of the grip for when I don't want to use the laser. So far I'm quite pleased. I'll know for sure after some range time. In addition to some discounting I was pimping them for, they also gave us a hour of range time each.

Laser sights too? Both?

Yep. These are sold with the Crimson Trace laser grips already installed, hence the name Custom Crimson Carry II. I also like that the laser is grip activated. That way if you wanted to check out the situation without shining a laser everywhere all you have to do is lighten up on your primary hand middle finger and it is off. Grip it to shoot and it's on.

They also have the aluminum frame to keep it light for everyday carry if you want.

This week my son and daughter in law are visiting from Alaska, and we got together to do some good old fashion ammo wasting:

450+ rounds of 22
50 rds 44 mag
75+ rounds 12ga
40 rds 223
and @10-12 rds 35 Rem in the Contender

Going to cost me some $$ to replace all that, but what fun!

My son and daughter in law own a 45 Auto, but are thinking that they would like a 44 Mag for Alaska, so I let them see if they could handle such a weapon comfortably. This group of three is my daughter in law's first three shots with that weapon at 25 ft, standing. Not only can she handle the 44 Mag, but it seems that she can handle the 44 mag very well indeed!

Attachments

• Eloras 1st shots.jpg
    Eloras 1st shots.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 95
I blame ALL of you!

LOL! Well that didn't take you too long!

Very nice Kimbers.

Picked this up at the gun show today... Russian WWII Mosin Nagant...
off to the gun smith on Monday to have it checked out.

Attachments

• 2013-10-12 21.22.53.jpg
    2013-10-12 21.22.53.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 95

Back
Top Bottom