I hate the snow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got "lucky" and escaped to Florida for a week. Initially it was because my grandfather was ill, but he's doing better now. So I left my wife in Wyoming and will be diving in the springs tomorrow.
Footslooger are you at UW?
I'm in the military in Cheyenne and my wife has to do the commuting. She will be ready to shoot me once I get home, since she has to go across that pass.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
It's a good thing you're in Colorado...
not by choice.... im finishing school and getting to somewhere warm....

Whinning about the snow but you get to dive in Mexico. When your in Mexico, I'll still be here in the cold.

I live in central Alabama. It never snows here. The last time it snowed here, I think, was in 2001. The people in town were acting as if the world were coming to an end. They did not know what to do! It was some kind of conspiracy between God and Wal-mart, I think because the shelves were cleared. That was the only time it had snowed (only got 2 inches..big deal) in about 10 years. Too funny. I worked at the 1-Hour photo at Wal-Mart back in the day...that was total hell. We did more rolls/prints that day than we had done in months. Funny. I'd imagine things are different when snow is part of everyday life.

it is winter in gunnison, co october through april. One of the top 3 coldest cities in the country. Our peak low this winter was -38 midday. does that sound like fun? It hurts to breathe on these days. Pretty wild, huh? There is a constant layer of hard-packed snow on the ground. high school kids rally their little trucks through the streets, snowmobiles on main street is not an uncommon occurrence. School only gets cancelled when it is TOO COLD TO HEAT THE BUILDINGS PROPERLY!! no one in this town has ever heard of a "snow day" from work or school. Bunch of hard SOB's in this place. My cold tolerance like an emporer penguin's i am welcoming graduation in may with open arms. I welcome the mugginess to come of the rhode island air and the hot stink of the decomposing starfruit riddling the ground in oahu.....58 days left until graduation.

Damn ...we fly to Belize in the morning and it's snowing like crazy up here in Laramie. Hope they don't close the roads heading toward the Denver Airport.

'Slogger

Footslogger:
Damn ...we fly to Belize in the morning and it's snowing like crazy up here in Laramie. Hope they don't close the roads heading toward the Denver Airport.

'Slogger
im right there with you man... i live monday and im just hoping that it doesnt take a turn for the worst.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom