I had an Oprah moment.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
Well, bless your little heart! :wink:

Yea, well it can be a dangerous thing. I worked in Harrisburg PA a while and I had a formal sexual harrassment complaint put against me for calling a woman senior my age ....ma'm.

Where I come from we call all ladies ma'm and all guys sir, it is just the way we are brought up. Every one calls everyone ....darlin, sweetie....all kinds of stuff and you may have just met them or are going through a drive through at some fast food place. But man, dont do that up North. :no

RICHinNC:
Yea, well it can be a dangerous thing. I worked in Harrisburg PA a while and I had a formal sexual harrassment complaint put against me for calling a woman senior my age ....ma'm.

Where I come from we call all ladies ma'm and all guys sir, it is just the way we are brought up. Every one calls everyone ....darlin, sweetie....all kinds of stuff and you may have just met them or are going through a drive through at some fast food place. But man, dont do that up North. :no
Nope. We in the North are uptight about things like that. Especially "m'am.":rofl3: The first time someone calls you that, you think to yourself "*****. I must be getting old.":rofl3:
Oh, and I heard that some women complain when men hold doors open for them, and that has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Most people around here think nothing of letting it slam in your face. In fact, I was kind of surprised when I first started working in my building, how the culture was to wait and hold the door open for someone who was walking across the little bridge from the parking garage to the building. Especially since we had to start using access cards. When someone doesn't hold the door, they are in the minority.

Back
Top Bottom