I had an Oprah moment.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
since i am now 39.1 and soon to be 39.2, i have revised my definition of "old"

my age + 15 years = old

Exactly! I won't tell you how long I've been 40.....:hb2:

Yeah, it really kinda puts things into perspective. When we help somebody, we may never know what they are going through in their lives. A simple little gesture can really make a difference.

i have some "random acts of kindness' books at home...... maybe we need a thread here to encourage it

You all are making me cry. What touching stories.
I try to do little things. Like I had to go to the customer service desk in my supermarket because the cashier made a mistake. Now, there is usually a long line an people are generally nasty to the clerks (I don't know why. I guess because we are all so impatient in the northeast.:rofl3: ) So I know these people are usually hassled and they can be nasty in return just because they are hassled do much, so before I showed the clerk the mistake, I smiled at her and said to her "Hi. How are you?" Well, that took her by surprise. I bet I was the only person who said that to her first instead of the usual litany of complaints.

BTW, I love the way you southern' guys say "darlin'"

Well darlin', come on down and dive with us some times and I'll call ya darlin' all day

H2Andy:
since i am now 39.1 and soon to be 39.2, i have revised my definition of "old"

my age + 15 years = old

From your avatar, I'd thought you were closer to 139.2 :popcorn:

Excellent thread Rich thanks for starting it and showing us how a litle kindness actually makes us feel better than the person we help.

I got a $25.00 gift card from my grocery store at Christmas time. I really don't need it - I am going to put it in my pocket and give it to someone I think could use it the next time I am there.

Don't know if anyone here on the Board heard about the Secret Santa in the Kansas City area. He certainly led a life we could all could learn from. Unfortunately he passed away this year at the age of 57. They definately take the good ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom