I Don't Need A Bumper Sticker For Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to name the shop, since I know the owners and they should not be smeared for the actions of one less than knowledgeable employee. Let's just say a shop on Miami Beach.

hlsooner:
I don't want to name the shop, since I know the owners and they should not be smeared for the actions of one less than knowledgeable employee. Let's just say a shop on Miami Beach.

Should they get away scott free for putting someone in a position for which they are obviously not qualified?

Vayu:
I think the big stickers are without use or merit.
I have one hanging in my garage where I store my tanks and I was thinking of putting one on my tank tumbler. But yeah, I don't see the point of putting them on a tank. :)

do it easy:
I have one hanging in my garage where I store my tanks and I was thinking of putting one on my tank tumbler. But yeah, I don't see the point of putting them on a tank. :)
They're better for hiding rust stains

The big stickers should be brilliant fun at the airport. Put them on your check-in luggage bags. The more industrial the container, the better it is.

We used to have loads of biohazard stickers in the lab and at one point we were heading out to for a project and were flying up to Manitoba. In a fit of boredom at the airport waiting for luggage check-in our team leader and graduate advisor decided he had to use the loo. Brenda had some of the spare bio-hazard stickers (To this day we will never know why she had some in her backpack) and proceeded to decorate the inside of the advisors check-in luggage with them by placing a sticker on every pair of underwear and socks. Then was all too happy to share the remaining stickers with all of us who promptly put them on our bags and pelican cases.

Check-in saw all the stickers and never said a word, TSA apparently opened the bags and inspected them, and the poor customs people in Canada were very reluctant to accept biohazards into the country, but finally relented. Dr. Brandt thought the jokes were up until he got to his room, and found that all his socks and underwear had been confiscated by TSA..... :)

howarde:
They're better for hiding rust stains

I have them covering the gouge on my PST 80. . .

BTW anyone wanna buy a PST 80 cheap :)

CGA rule (3.1.1) which list 29 CFR 1910.1200(f) (9) states

"the labels applied by the gas supplier to identify the conatiner contents shall not be defaced or removed by the user until the cylinder is empty with the provisions of 29 CFR 1910.1200(f)(9)

Putting a nitrox label is prudent. If you fell off the planet tomorrow most would assume air is in the tank. The risk is not to you but for those who follow. There are volumes of CGA/DOT documents to back up the stores request to label the cylinder.

royalediver:
CGA rule (3.1.1) which list 29 CFR 1910.1200(f) (9) states

"the labels applied by the gas supplier to identify the conatiner contents shall not be defaced or removed by the user until the cylinder is empty with the provisions of 29 CFR 1910.1200(f)(9)

Putting a nitrox label is prudent. If you fell off the planet tomorrow most would assume air is in the tank. The risk is not to you but for those who follow. There are volumes of CGA/DOT documents to back up the stores request to label the cylinder.

Bunk.

Do I need to label my Trimix tanks? How about when I only put air in it or Nitrox?

Reality check - STOP TEACHING AN UNLABELED TANK IS AIR!!!!

If you don't know what in it, and your the owner, its easy - drain it! Then you know - nothing is in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom