I don't know how babies do it...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been wearing a Depends for a couple of hours in preparation for my first ever drysuit dives tomorrow, and nuthin'. :shakehead I'm at the point where I'm close to experiencing discomfort so hopefully something will give soon.

How do you get past the psychological aspect of using a diaper? Any hints or once one is desperate enough nature will take its course? :wink:

oh anna... i was thinking the same thing yesterday

i said to hubby, its better i dont even bother wearing anything as to wear something gives me options when im desperate and i jsut cant go down that track!

hmmm.... have you guys tried drinking lots and lots of water, and waiting to put the diaper on until you REALLY have to go?

i'm sure it'll be relatively easy to go then

OH you mean you WANT to let go and test out the depends....

just let go... go to the bathroom and turn the facet on and put your wrist under the water flow and let go......

There are other scenarios.....but I would be banned !!

I feel for you, annasea. To date, I just eat something salty before I dive, and just abort the dive if I have to. But I'm going to have to learn to do the diaper thing before my cave class, and I'm dreading it. I wore one for one dive a few months back, and just having it one was horrible, and I didn't even pee in it. Yuck. Men really have the advantage in this department.

My dear Anna... follow the sage advice of Nike... "Just Do It!"

TSandM:
Yuck. Men really have the advantage in this department.

Really? Since neither you or Anna are men, do you truly understand how difficult it is to stuff "everything" into that diaper? Remember, there is no shrinkage like when we men are diving wet! Oh, I'm bad... so, so bad.

TSandM:
I feel for you, annasea. To date, I just eat something salty before I dive, and just abort the dive if I have to. But I'm going to have to learn to do the diaper thing before my cave class, and I'm dreading it. I wore one for one dive a few months back, and just having it one was horrible, and I didn't even pee in it. Yuck. Men really have the advantage in this department.
Something salty? I didn't think of that... thanks, Lynne! I doubt the dives will be long since they're just check-out dives so I should be OK. Apparently, there are washrooms on-site, but not close enough to the shore in case of an emergency.

I did have some success with the diaper last night although I cheated a bit... correct place and position -- but with a diaper. I think the key is desperation and visualization. :wink:

I wonder how much urine a sanitary pad would absorb? Anyway, I imagine babies have no problem because they don't think about it much.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom