I do not agree with, "Dive and Let Dive."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bring all your own gear, tanks, guns, etc. License is with the boat.. just a limit pp. Lobster is 6 of a certain size, 10 seabass (I think), not sure on the monkfish. I haven't had to buy any type of license, and I haven't heard of anyone else (not at all like FL).
FL can be similar depending on the operation. One of the main charters in my area that does spearfishing trips has a boat license so individual licenses are not required. They also offer instruction and provide a speargun for people that have never done it before.

If needed, getting a license in FL is ridiculously easy. Just about any store that sells fishing equipment can also sell a license. You can also buy one online, or through the FWC app.

They also offer instruction and provide a speargun for people that have never done it before.

So for somebody like me who doesn't know about how to spear, what and when to spear and proper spearfishing etiquette in FL can get help/instruction/mentoring from them (at a fee)?

(I do know how to spearfish at a entry level in the Med. but concerened about doing the wrong thing if I go spearfishing in FL that is heavily regulated)

So for somebody like me who doesn't know about how to spear, what and when to spear and proper spearfishing etiquette in FL can get help/instruction/mentoring from them (at a fee)?
Yes. They offer a class for understanding how to shoot, and more importantly, how to shoot legal fish. If you take the class, they will even provide a speargun for the trip. I can't recall how much the class is, but I wouldn't expect it to bee too much.

Florida can be tough to make sure you are legal. There are at least 3 different regulations depending on where you are in the state. State regulations, Gulf federal regulations, and South Atlantic federal regulations. Closures, size limits, and even gear can all be different. FWC actually recognizes the confusion, and promotes using Fish Rules app which gives you the correct regs based on location.

Yes. They offer a class for understanding how to shoot, and more importantly, how to shoot legal fish. If you take the class, they will even provide a speargun for the trip. I can't recall how much the class is, but I wouldn't expect it to bee too much.

Florida can be tough to make sure you are legal. There are at least 3 different regulations depending on where you are in the state. State regulations, Gulf federal regulations, and South Atlantic federal regulations. Closures, size limits, and even gear can all be different. FWC actually recognizes the confusion, and promotes using Fish Rules app which gives you the correct regs based on location.
And this one is WAY off topic, too!

Those are NOT from a NJ wreck dive!

No Sir they are not, lol.. from the local market. A little pricey, $7lb for live, but not too bad. Everyone at my house seems to enjoy it, easy to cook and cleanup. We usually get 5-7lbs. All in a boil costs about $70 I suppose.

It certainly is!

Yes Sir it is, I'm done... apologies.

Replying in DM.

That is great, this is what I'd need and I am glad that somebody offers this service in FL.

This is my biggest concern and fear, not doing things right and the legal way in FL. My more important need and goal is how to do things right and legal and follow proper etiquette than catching more or bigger fish.

After this type of training, I'd want to dive with you for experience :)

That is great, this is what I'd need and I am glad that somebody offers this service in FL.

This is my biggest concern and fear, not doing things right and the legal way in FL. My more important need and goal is how to do things right and legal and follow proper etiquette than catching more or bigger fish.

After this type of training, I'd want to dive with you for experience :)
Also WAY off topic....

Also WAY off topic....

I ask for your forgiveness for I have strayed from the on-topic path. Satan made me do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom