I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spent 20 minutes online trying to ID them. Good thing fossilebabe is on it! (Since I know nothing.....) And love this stuff. Thanks to everyone posting.

Cool!!

Your welcome and enjoy doing it. I have a lot of knowlegde on fossils and such. I get picture mail,email,text,ect all the time and glad I'm here to help. You can go to my website and look at some of the pictures I have posted online and also facebook. I use these tools to teach as well about fossils. Happy hunting

Your welcome and enjoy doing it. I have a lot of knowlegde on fossils and such. I get picture mail,email,text,ect all the time and glad I'm here to help. You can go to my website and look at some of the pictures I have posted online and also facebook.

Thanks! I spent an hour or so late last night reading through this thread. Fascinating. I may have to do a few dives on my way through FLA this summer.

I too would like to thank fossilbabe for making this thread possible! You are an asset to this community!

I too would like to thank fossilbabe for making this thread possible! You are an asset to this community!

Thank you so much if you ever in this area let me know when your ready to go and do a fossil hunt for shark teeth. :D I'm not sure what they feed them here but we have some big ones

I sat down yesterday and was reading some of the post from this id page. She really knows her fossiles. She also has a great collection of them, as well that she calls her mini museum. I would say it is far from mini. She suggested that I go back and look at some of the past post and learn what fossiles she is teaching us about. I think I can pick out a few now. You defiantly deserve the name fossil babe. Your great!

Hey Deb! I have some more things I need help with. I'm working on another shadow box and want to label the stuff. This was found at local AL river
31987_411696049800_740614800_4011054_5843405_n.jpg

and I know this is a bunch and probably some stuff that isn't anything but here goes. I know basically what the teeth are but want to confirm since I want to display them with names. Thanks for any help you can give me
31987_411697179800_740614800_4011102_194355_n.jpg

a. no idea. they are flat and black and smooth
b. possibly sting ray barbs of some sort? but they have lines down them, not smooth. diffrent so not sure
c. no idea and probably nothing but a sheel
d. sting ray dermall plat
e. part of sometype of fossil.
f. these all have some type of indention in them similiar to the porcupine fish mouthplates
g
h
i. I'm thinking are goblins
l. I'm thinking are drum teeth
m&n i'm not concerned about as the picture didn't come out very well and difficult to tell

I saved up alot of fossils for these pics...if you need more angles let me know.

42447022.jpg

24412564.jpg

27961794.jpg

85935666.jpg

30177313.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom