I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanbound- First picture looks to be a frag off a mammoth tooth.
a. no idea. they are flat and black and smoothNeed better pictures or just bring them when your in the area
b. possibly sting ray barbs of some sort? but they have lines down them, not smooth. diffrent so not sure Need better pictures or just bring them when your in the area
c. no idea and probably nothing but a sheel Need better pictures or just bring them when your in the area
d. sting ray dermall plateNeed better pictures or just bring them when your in the area- looks like a fish mouth plate Possible bluegil
e. part of sometype of fossil. Need better pictures or just bring them when your in the area
f. these all have some type of indention in them similiar to the porcupine fish mouthplatesNeed better pictures or just bring them when your in the area-maybe fish mouth plate
gGoblin shark teeth
h GOBLIN
i. I'm thinking are goblinsEOCENE TIGER SHARK UNCOMMON TOOTH!!!!
l. I'm thinking are drum teeth GOBLINS
K. GOBLINS
L. . DRUM FISH TEETH
m&n i'm not concerned about as the picture didn't come out very well and difficult to tell. DRUM AND RAY PAYMENT TEETH? BRING THEM WHEN YOU IN THE AREA.

unseenabyss- A; LOOKS LIKE PART OF MAMMOTH TUSK. NEED ANOTHER PICTURE ANGLE
B; FRAG OF A MAMMOTH TOOTH
E; NECK VERT OF A MANATEE
I; DEER ANTLER( PART THAT CONNECTS TO THE SKULL CAP)
K,L,M; ARE YES HORSE TEETH
O; LEAVERITE (ROCK) OR YOU CAN SEND ME A BETTER ANGLE.
THE OTHERS I CAN ID FROM WHAT I SEE SORRY IF YOU WANT TO EMAIL ME BETTER PICTURES WITH DIFFERENT ANGLE FEEL FREE. I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU GUYS OUT AS MUCH AS I CAN. HAVE A GREAT WEEK . YOUR FRIEND FOSSILBABE!

Will put up the others not id'd later

17342915.jpg

53435328.jpg

79098115.jpg

19872969.jpg

15759168.jpg

37832272.jpg

It could be! Or a very small croc scute. Can we see the back side? Picture number
3 is a mammoth tusk. Great find!!!
1 is the manatee neck vert
2 still dont know, sorry not enough material to id
Hope this helps!! Your awesome

Ok here's more

80658164.jpg

40052877.jpg

62335216.jpg

16278420.jpg

64016933.jpg

49488690.jpg

96835854.jpg

1. looks like a dermal scute
2. is a whale ear bone
4. is a lower hemipristis (snaggle shark) tooth

:D Sure leave me all the hard ones!!!!:nailbiter: Great job! The dermal scute is from a sting ray.

49336947.jpg

33494114.jpg

35678060.jpg

3. and 4.
77322402.jpg

48486318.jpg

looks like a tooth or claw
21955317.jpg

I'm going to leave this one alone to see if anyone wants to give it a try. I will say picture number 6 will need more pictures of it. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom