I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first pictures are mammoth spit teeth. The second. One I will a look tonite when I get home. Nices finds I'm turning green sitting here in my truck. Awesome finds

Did you ever figure out if mine was a part of a mastodon Jaw as the guy from FS said?

Possible Mastodon Jaw Section

The second one looks like a sawfish tooth

Don't know what this one is....
Need to see bottoms of item. Little more angle please if you can email it to me I would appreciate or bring it down with you so I can see it first hand. Babe

What is a Mammoth Spit tooth?
Spit tooth is when a mammoth wears down a tooth so much that he no longer can use the tooth so he or she just spits it out and another tooth will move down in its place. It is also a nice way or putting it is a partial mammoth tooth. Babe

The second one looks like a sawfish tooth
My first thought was a sawfish tyne from the larger species. I saw something that changed my mind and wanted a closer look. Hate to say it the wrong thing without being absolutely sure. Jim would love to see it first hand to make sure. Can you bring it one day when your down this way?

My first thought was a sawfish tyne from the larger species. I saw something that changed my mind and wanted a closer look. Hate to say it the wrong thing without being absolutely sure. Jim would love to see it first hand to make sure. Can you bring it one day when your down this way?

I can bring it with me next time - also when I get back from work tomorrow I will try to remember to take more photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom