I am new here but old in Kino Bay Sonora Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybody
I am Marco IDCS in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico and soon permanently in Kino Bay with our Kino Dive Center.
Actually we offer the services of an Dive Center with air, cylinders, equipment and of course expeditions to Great Islands of the Sea of Cortes as Tiburon Island, San Pedro Martir Island, San Esteban Island, Turner Island, San Lorenzo Island, and Baja from Kino Bay at a boat for small groups.
Do You need hotel and meals packages?, even that do You need airfare from any where to Hermosillo?
Just let me know
Marco

Hi,
My father retired in Kino many years ago. He is gone now to heaven, but he designed and built the "Casa Concha" right on the beach in old town Kino. Maybe you know of it?

It's great to hear that there is a dive operation in Kino. I haven't been there since 1978. Maybe it's time for me to return and do some diving.

Anyway, welcome to scubaboard.

Eric Sedletzky

Oye Marco! Buenvenidos a ScubaBoard! I lived in Hermosillo for 5 years from 1985 - 1990, one of the Gringos out at Planta Ford, and very much enjoyed snorkleing in the waters off of Kino and San Carlos. One of these days I'm going to get back down there and do some DIVING! Muy buena suerte con Kino Dive Center!

Welcome to SB!

I spent three weeks in Kino Bay back in the early 70s. We took 42 of our high school students down there for a marine biology and cultural exchange trip, and camped out in the dunes to the south of town. Our kids played baseball with the fishermen from the town and lost miserably to them!

I had a unique experience while there. We were paddling an 18' double kayak out to Pelican Island when a larger (estimated at 22') tiger shark approached and bumped our kayak. We were scared to death. Later that night, after we paddled back to the beach in the dark, we went into a tin shack restaurant the fishermen ate at. They asked if we were the ones in the littke boat with "el grande tiburon." When we said yes, they treated us to all the veer and fish soup we could eat and said we were the bravest men in the Sea of Cortez!

Fun memories... but no diving while we were there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom