Hurricane Rita

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that you Houston folks know 'Canes much better than this highlander, and I guess a Cat-1 is a good reason for a 'Cane Party. Hope it is no worse...

I don't think you've had anything stronger than a Cat-1 since Alicia in 83.

Cat-1: Winds 74-95 mph - I'd be impressed!!

Cat-2: Winds 96-110 mph - OMG!

Cat-3: Winds 111-130 mph - you're kidding me, right?

Cat-4: Winds 131-155 mph - and Florida people go back again?

Cat-5: Winds greater than 155 mph - that is a very big tornado!!

I certainly hope it loses steam and arrives as a Cat-1. The Cat-4 that ruined Galveston in 1900 is what made Houston evolve as a replacement port.

Good luck all...!! :wink:

Don....take your Worry Wart hat off, OK? :D I promise the seasoned hurricane folks here are watching this one and we'll be ready for whatever comes and/or have our bug-out locations chosen. :wink:

I remember Hurricane Beulah, which hit Corpus and Harlingen in 1967. I can't remember which Cat she was, though. Probably Cat 2 or 3...

Looks like I might be making a trip to the coast tomorrow....I have a friend with a weekend house.....which is our diving port 'o call..... in Port O' Connor, and current prediction models are saying we better get some plywood nailed over the windows!!

Yes right now POC is is target for the forcast. I am east of that and about 15 miles inland. I feel it is still too far out for them to make a good prediction. Cause since Sunday they have prediction it would hit northern Mexico and yesterday Freeport and then today POC. So I will wait a few more days to make up my mind what I am going to do. Predicting land fall to be early Saturday morning. Right now I just contnue to do my job at work. And I was always schuedule to me off Friday (I was suppose to go spearfishing) so now I will get in the motorhome and go camping a few days. Just have to remember to get a few exrta cases of beer before I leave. If things get real bad I will just go visit my mom in Lubbock for a few days.

Personally, I'm glad it's not hitting my store (phew) we've been very lucky in Ft. Lauderdale...

I also hope that the storm doesn't do anything to the speigel grove, like dump it back on it's side.

Worry hat off. :blush:

I know I worry too much, but still like the old "prepare for bad, hope for good."

Good luck to all. Wish I'd gotten the title of this thread right, can't edit those, but Monday was certainly my goof up day. :dork:

Don...don't know what you had in mind for a title change so I just edited it for simplicity.

BTW...we're prepared for the bad and hoping for the good, too!

Dee:
Don...don't know what you had in mind for a title change so I just edited it for simplicity.

BTW...we're prepared for the bad and hoping for the good, too!
Ah ha! Thanks one more time - and I am sure you are. I'd be lost down there, but I'm sure you coastal natives know what you're doing.

Best wishes all....!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom