Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
I was watching the tube and a reporter got blown down and away.. needless to say I was more than mildly amused!

hmmmmmm I wonder if it was the same person I was watching when the reporter was swept off his feet (He was in his full Yellow rain suit) I almost died laughing soo hard. I think it happened around 4 AM when I seen this.

Do i take it the current record is only for hurricanes?? We cant count TS Bonnie in the FL hits this year (which would make 5 in all), and lets not forget the 3 times that Ivan passed us, even if two were just depressions :wink:

BTW, keep your eyes on that tropical wave around longitude 20W that seems to be circling up, but hasnt been called by the NHC yet as a numbered depression then TS, then who knows.

I must say I am amused at the T.V. reporters that brave the elements to bring us the "Breaking News" as the storm is blowing roofs apart the water blowing out the first floor of buildings, and then them going out in it to talk to people. I too was laughing my arse off when I saw that reporter knocked off his feet and flipped over, all the while I think he was laughing as well, either that or screaming. I couldn't tell over all the noise of the wind blowing at over 100 MPH. LOL

I think we need to get together and help out those fellow SB'ers that were hit hard this weekend if we have to canx our plans again for the reef I.D. class. I know alot of them could use a extra hand cleaning up.

I'm calling Rose tonight to discuss some future options - Again, I'm looking towards November.. maybe even December. That area doesn't really cool down much in the winter for diving, and the fish are as plentiful as always.

Hey gang, I heard from Vickie tonight - she and murhphy286 are doing well, but no water or electricity. Their home sustained little more than some further water damage. It was a short message as they were having trouble making phone calls out. I'll post more when I hear more.

Here in Homosassa, we got more of a beating from Jeanne than from Frances. Lots more wind but not as much rain.

Fortunately I had braced my big roll door and we are just off of a major electric line so power was back on quickly. I was also able to control the water that came in so nothing important was damaged.

Hey Michael, good to see ya. Was wondering bout ya. You're not complaing, so I guess everything is good (not that you complain to begin with....)

Gee I am lucky enough to live in the county that has been hit three times!

We had several Tornado's touch down. One beside my house. Snapped a big old tree like a toothpick. It is pretty bad here still. I am really sad about all the people that are really in poverty here that seem to be so desperate. Our church is setting up a distribution center. There are so many people that have no electricity. It is so sad and everyone is SO CRANKY! I had 15 teenagers at my house last night! Yikes where does Walter live????

Its a relief to be seeing ya'll posting that your OK.. it sounds funny, but your all part of our little community and well... its hard not to worry when someone you know, even as an aquaintence or occaisional dive buddy, gets put under the gun like we've been the past 6 weeks.

dive4funOften:
I had 15 teenagers at my house last night! Yikes where does Walter live????
I thought hurricanes were OUTSIDE the house! LOL
Glad to see ya posting Ann, if you need to sneak away (bring tanks) you know my door is open!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom