Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive4funOften:
I had 15 teenagers at my house last night!

you must have done something awfully naughty in a past life :11:

Mememememememe!!!

BTW, got word from Vickie this morning:

wuzzzzz up!!!!! still no phone, but got power just a little while ago wooohoooo!!! I love being on the hospitals grid. all is fine here for us. I hope they plan on ripping out this nasty carpet. I people downstairs (right under us) can't return home until further notice from the mold and water damage. Frances took my sisters house, Jeanne took my brothers, no clue how me and my mom got lucky. Hopefully there will be a silver lining in all this and they booth will be able to build better homes. Anyways, I'm waaaaay to tired and tons of water to clean up. pass the word on if you can that we are just groovy and also survived the shelter without the use of the "baggies" I'll be back on in a day or so.

Thats the word as we know it.. hope everyone else is finding their way clear!!

C~

Hey guys! I haven't been on in a while but I know medical1 has been. I just wanted to let you know that even here in Palm Harbor we felt Jeanne's fury! We lost our tree in the front yard (just slightly missing the house-some damage to the exterior but none that weakened the interior), our fence took a major beating! We have power back today! Boy sleeping in this sticky Florida weather without AC is sucky(not to include those occassion by choice)!!! Thank Dollar General for those little cheap battery operated fans! 7 scared dogs (shelties & 1 collie & 1 baby yorkie mix), an 11 yr old climbing the walls with cabin fever, medical1 bored beyond all (without internet conection his world crashes :11: ), I have to say I have had enough!
I hate to wish it on the rest of you but you can have the rest of the hurricanes of the seasons and even a few next year!!
I don't know if I can stand another day with windows covered as if I am a vampire. I understand that every hobby or steam blowing technique I enjoy is totaly off limits right now. BUT COME ON!!! I like atleast to see the sky through a window rather it be angry, gloomy, or sunny (sunny not being all that common these days!).

In any case all are safe here! We even saved 3 baby squirrels from a fallen palm tree (we relocated the nest where the mom quickly retrieved them and took them to a new nest)! Seems to be a new hobby of mine! I saved two baby spotted ground squirrels from a peeting zoo that took a major hit closing there doors forever, thanks to hurricane Charlie (happy to report after placing them into a new cage and removing them from their dilapitated hurricane damaged cage they are doing great and no longer scared & displaced). After hurricane Frances we we attempted to save a fallen, dehydrated infant squirrel (eyes not yet opened) I am sad to say that even after attempts to rehydrate her we were unable to rescue her. Hope all our fellow divers and friends made it through with everyones health! I hate to be greedy and ask any more than that as we are truly lucky just to have our health as residents of FLORIDA. Maybe next year we should try and complain less and maybe it will translate in less stormy weather!!! STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Scuba_Jenny:
I thought hurricanes were OUTSIDE the house! LOL
Glad to see ya posting Ann, if you need to sneak away (bring tanks) you know my door is open!

Thanks! They have finally left to raid someone elses food!

H2Andy:
you must have done something awfully naughty in a past life :11:

No just this one!

Gold gets washed up on shore near Jupiter every now and then after a big storm. It has been rumored that there is treasure sunk just off the coast. How much of this is urban legend, I just don't know.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom