Hurricane Jeanne on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although still classed as a tropical wave, there is something located at ~18N, 30W that is circulating in the upper atmosphere and starting to wrap up a little further down - wondering if this could be our next storm, at least could become a depression by the looks of it. Check out crownweather near the bottom on the wind flow maps as well as the tropical wave indicating maps - looks unfortunately promising and still moving west!

I say we all do a mass SB dive off of Jupiter (or anywhere else, for that matter) as a scientific research dive. Heck, there is a mud puddle in my driveway that looks like it might hold a few secrets....

Jupiter? How about Lauderdale By the Sea? It is getting cooler* now and you can camp...just watch out for the mosquitos.

*cooler as in Florida cooler :)

simbrooks:
Although still classed as a tropical wave, there is something located at ~18N, 30W that is circulating in the upper atmosphere and starting to wrap up a little further down - wondering if this could be our next storm, at least could become a depression by the looks of it. Check out crownweather near the bottom on the wind flow maps as well as the tropical wave indicating maps - looks unfortunately promising and still moving west!

Simon - stop it!

I know that vis will not be very good on the west coast at Sarasota but any idea what it might be now, or by sunday.

Hey gouch - mind slipping out to see if there is any vis of any type up there? Its a 128 mile round trip for me to head up there and after 2 weeks in a row of scrubbed dives, I'm shy to keep driving up to find it CRAPPY. :)

we went the weekend before jeanne and we had about 3'. I am ready to get back in the water soon but if we can't see then why go. I'm sure that we will have good vis in islamarada in nov. we are planning a trip down there now. anyone know of any spearfishing charters down there?

MB:
Simon - stop it!
I am just looking out for you guys and trying to forewarn you of developments as i spot them off the African coast. Dont say i didnt warn you! :wink: Of course i would prefer there not to be another one coming. The meteorologists are stating the the condition that was drawing them in here, westerlies running across the entire country, is beginning to change and actually deflect more storms from coming our way - like Karl and Lisa, being turned far short of our coastline, so there is hope yet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom